Andrea28

What to buy?

Andrea28

Hi, I am a new member here! I have got a x-m1, which I love, and am now thinking of investing in the Fuji range and selling my Dslr. But where to go? Currently I am thinking x-t1 or maybe x-t20? I'm shooting mostly children's portraits but also some weddings. I would greatly appreciate any advice ?

Christopher

I think you would prefer the latest generation AF system from the X-T20. The X-T1 is no slouch, but advancements have been made. How often do you shoot a wedding? What DSLR are you looking to replace?

Andrea28

Hi, thanks for your response! 

I have got a Nikon D7100, lovely, but with lenses it is just to big and heavy to carry around. Love the quality that Fuju produces and combined with the size it is just a winner ?

I am looking to do maybe a wedding or two a month come summer, mostly families and babies at the moment.

My head says the x-t20, but can't quite decide.. Just seems like the x-t1 sits higher in the x-series, but is older with less megapixels?

Christopher
On 2/11/2017 at 9:24 AM, Andrea28 said:

Hi, thanks for your response! 

I have got a Nikon D7100, lovely, but with lenses it is just to big and heavy to carry around. Love the quality that Fuju produces and combined with the size it is just a winner ?

I am looking to do maybe a wedding or two a month come summer, mostly families and babies at the moment.

My head says the x-t20, but can't quite decide.. Just seems like the x-t1 sits higher in the x-series, but is older with less megapixels?

You are correct, the X-T1 uses the previous generation 16 megapixel X-Trans II sensor while the X-T20 uses the new 24 megapixel X-Trans III sensor. Beyond the sensor, the camera processor and AF system is next generation as well, providing faster auto focus and over all system responsiveness.