ronyzmbow

Fujifilm X-10 - help me decide

ronyzmbow

I am am like a guest in this Fuji forum, but I like a lot the Fujifilm cameras and concept.

I know it is an old model. I know it has limitations. I know there are better alternatives. But...it is a sexy camera and maybe a way into the Fujifilm world.

I can get a second hand X-10, hardly used, just like new, just took couple of hundreds of images, for a very attractive price.

I remember some years ago playing with it in camera store and liked the feeling of it.

My main system camera is Olympus OMD-E-M10 with some lenses. I am looking for a TAKE ANYWHERE camera.

So with all the limitations - should I buy it or not? Why?

Image Quality - I have to say I had kind of a "culture shock"...

I have downloaded from the Internet both Jpeg and RAW sample images from net. The RAW imaged were processed with Capture One software.

I have to say I am blown away by the quality!

This is quite a small and aging sensor - when I compare the images to images taken with my Olympus OMD E-M10 I feel that the Fuji images are (maybe...) better...both colors, noise control.

Is it only me or is it true?

Greyelm

I still have an X10 which I use on occasions and I am still pleased with the images it produces. The only limitation I find is that the optical viewfinder doesn't indicate where the focus box is, but that is only an issue for closer subjects when the EVF can be used instead. I'm particularly impressed by the macro options  

The X10 has numerous adjustments/options which are well discussed on the Internet. If the price is right, go for it, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. 

SteveG

I recently bought a used but in "like new" condition (Kudos to the seller!) X-10 on Ebay for $250. Two days later I brought it on vacation to Mexico. As soon as i arrived, I promptly dropped it (and me) on a concrete sidewalk. It survived with flying colors & went on to perform flawlessly.

I already have an X100 so, I'm familiar with the camera functions.

Fuji colors can't be beat!

Buy one used & enjoy it.

Dueling Margaritas.jpg

Natural Beauty3.jpg

Street art3.jpg