tomlianza

dropped X pro2 with 23 mm lens

tomlianza

Hi,

My x-pro2 and new 23 mm f2 took an unfortunate bounce off a tile floor.  It seemed like everything was fine, no dents or bruises,  but the initial turn on said "turn the camera of and back on" .

I noticed that the f stop adjustment was between A and 16 and I adjusted it back to A..  The camera cycled on and off just fine.  The next time I tried to take an image the cycle the camera message came back.   I have tested other lenses and there is no message so I am pretty sure that the lens needs to go in for repair.  While there is no apparent outer damage at all, something must of slipped in the lens mechanism.  I don't here the motor move on turn on, but then again the lens is brand new and I never noticed the movement like on my 35 f1.4 lens.  

I was just wondering if anyone had the same message pop up, and if this is a common message...

veejaycee

Whenever there is a lens connection problem you will get that message. Before returning it just check the contacts on the lens are able to depress and return and that none are stuck lower than the others.

• Like 1

robthebruce

My 18-55 rolled and fell of a bookshelf onto a carpeted floor from about 1.5 m off the floor a year ago. It seem to work when I put it on to test it. Several days later I went on a holiday and found the same error message appeared when I put it on. I deducted that it was something on the inside of the lens which had been moved due to the jolt. Fortunately I had my 23 f1.4 and other lenses to use. A quick trip to the Fuji repairs fixed it - and they cleaned it so it was like new again. I could not believe how much of a difference it looked after a good clean. Added bonus: it was repaired under an extended warranty I purchased when I bought the camera 4 years earlier, so the warranty paid for itself.