Sign in to follow this  
farrell

HELP! I've been using Windows from the beginning and I'm really Macstupid

farrell

My workplace's system ran Windows 3.1 before 95 and EX.

My own pc ran Windows because the IBM platform as well as the Windows OS

was dirt cheap compared to the Macintosh system.

Not being satisfied with a lollipop after visiting a doktor recently after 10 years as

a fugitive from medicine in America, I paid 600.00 US for a new ipad Pro 12.9 and

rushed home and opened the package,looking for instructions.

There were no instructions!

If there is an Apple University out there, I know I can't afford it on my retirement

income, so I'm appealing to Mac users to recommend suitable study materials

like maybe Mac for Dummies.

I ultimately want to get a Mac Pro "certificate".

K1W1_Mk2

The MAC OS and iOS differed from Windows in that they are largely intuitive rather than the old structured DOS based legacy. The good thing with this approach is that unlike Windows it is almost impossible to stuff things as a user. 

The best thing to do is clear your head, channel your inner child and simply play. Touch things on the screen, tap on them drag them and low and behold after a pretty short period you will be a convert.

iIf there are Apple stores near you they run free basic training courses in store several times a day. If there are no Apple stores near you then YouTube will no doubt have instructional videos available in both the operating system operation and also how various apps work.

BTW I started using Macs after staring in PCs in the DOS days and survived. I did have withdrawal symptoms for a while with things like file management but got over them pretty quick. 

farrell

Maybe I should be encouraged that my 6-year-old twin grandsons have ipad minis.

K1W1_Mk2
3 hours ago, farrell said:

Maybe I should be encouraged that my 6-year-old twin grandsons have ipad minis.

And I'm sure they will be more than happy to spend some time with Grandad showing him how to work them.

If you want to get a jump start on them so you can ask some really difficult questions try here first.

http://help.apple.com/ipad/10/

:)

• Like 1

Greyelm

You may have an icon called Tips on one of your screens. Click on this and you will get some help. 

Owtafocus

You don't need instructions to play with an iPad.  Just press the button and pick some apps.  Yes, one probably will guide you.  Don't you have a smartphone?  It's the same idea.

farrell
2 hours ago, Owtafocus said:

You don't need instructions to play with an iPad.  Just press the button and pick some apps.  Yes, one probably will guide you.  Don't you have a smartphone?  It's the same idea.

I have a $15US LG fliphone from Walmart and I pay $30 for 60 days anywhere US service.