Wendell

X-PRO 2 WON'T START AFTER UPDATING TO VER 3.10

I found no compelling reason for this update to the firmware.  And after following this thread, glad I didn't.  V.3.0 is working just fine and whatever new 'features' the update may provide, I don't need them.

Of course - let's not forget that the vast majority who had zero problems aren't posting here to say their update went well. We only hear of the very few that do give problems.

I have or have had - XP1, XE1, XT1, XT2  and XT20 - in fact I still have all but the XT1. I never had a problem of any sort with any of them - fingers crossed on that one. Nor my previous Nikon, Pentax or Olympus and many others. The only camera I had which let me down was a fairly early Sony - a prize won in a photography competition - the sensor burned out on that.

Considering the amount and complexity of the electronics in a modern camera I think the consumer does quite well. With automation there are also way more users these days.

3 hours ago, veejaycee said:

Of course - let's not forget that the vast majority who had zero problems aren't posting here to say their update went well. We only hear of the very few that do give problems.

I agree. I originally joined this thread hoping to hear from others that experienced the same "updated firmware problem" that I was experiencing. But now I feel that what happened to my X-Pro2 had  something to do with a hardware issue rather a software glitch.

It is may be possible that the new firmware (3.10) helped cause this hardware flaw to show up sooner rather than later and then again, maybe not. But I think the problem was there. There will always be performance outliers from a production line. It seems, now, that I purchased one.

I hope the frustrations I had when using my X-Pro2, in the early summer, are finished with this installation of the new main board unit. The camera is a joy to use. I'm hoping the repair by Fujifilm solved this issue, for good, and I can continue to enjoy photography again