Tim Sternberg

Viewfinder Issues in X-T10 in Shutter or Aperture Priority Mode

Tim Sternberg

Great to be a part of the Fuji X Series community! 

I shoot with the X-T10 and have been having problems actively monitoring aperture changes (which I am executing manually) while in Shutter or Aperture Priority Modes. It only seems to work in the full Manual Mode. Any thoughts or tips on this?

Thanks in advance for any help!

veejaycee

Do you mean the aperture doesn't show in EVF when you half press the shutter?

Tim Sternberg

Hi there, When I change the Aperture the viewfinder does not change as I stop up or down.

Thanks!

Tim

veejaycee

You do need to half press the shutter button. You should then be able to release the shutter button and still register aperture changes. The camera doesn't meter the scene until half press. Shooting manual is more of an absolute - you are setting both regardless of meter.

That's the best I can offer I'm afraid, based on my current XP1, XE1, XT2 and XT20.

If you don't see it (assuming you have chosen for aperture and shutter speed to be included - in the evf/LCD display settings menu), You might need to contact Fuji support.

dem

Set DR to 100% or any other value except AUTO

Set ISO to a fixed value like ISO 200

Now the camera will constantly display both shutter speed and aperture in the P, S and A modes without the need to half-press the shutter button.

veejaycee
11 hours ago, dem said:

Set DR to 100% or any other value except AUTO

Set ISO to a fixed value like ISO 200

Now the camera will constantly display both shutter speed and aperture in the P, S and A modes without the need to half-press the shutter button.

I hadn't even noticed the difference but then I always leave DR at 100% and shooting A/P I usually know what aperture I've set without checking the finder too I still unconsciously count the click stops as we did before viewfinder displays (simple over/under exp needles) or separate exp meters.