downloading problem with the XT20

I have had my XT20 for 2 days and have spent the last 2 days trying to learn how the camera works.  It has been frustrating but I am getting the hang of it.  My problem is I have a problem downloading the images.  The Finepix Studio will not give me a choice of the card to download from.  The choices are only my external drives and I can not choose another place.  Lightroom will not down from the XT20 because "files are from a camera which is not recognized by the raw format support in LR."  Windows would download the jpegs only.  I finally downloaded them with Bridge but it opens the jpeg and raw when I try to view them, which takes a long time.    Need help on what to do.  Thinking maybe I will just have to return the camera.  Very disappointing and frustrating.  I have searched to forum for this topic and there is not help so maybe I must be the only person having this problem or it is just beyond my skills.

Any help appreciated.

Annewin

How are you downloading the files? Forget wifi for raw file transfer. The easiest way to download is by simple SD card reader which you may already have built-in to your PC/mac or a separate card reader. Format your cards in-camera before use.

To process XT20 files (and to download with) you will need LR6. Earlier versions will not recognise XT20 files.

You can use FastStone viewer (free) to download, manage, view and edit in other software from.

Vic,

I have LR6 and have gotten LR to open and convert files to DNG.  I have spent hours doing research. The X-T20 is supported by Adobe.  Windows Tech could not help. I have sent in a request for a phone call from Fuji help but have not heard from them.  I want to be able to edit my image in Photoshop.  I will look  into FastStone viewer if I can't find a solution after talking with Fuji.    I really want to use the XT20 but not feeling confident at the moment.  Thanks for the suggestion. 

If you get FastStone viewer go to Edit>edit in and add the programs you want to use LR, PS, etc. Highlighting one file and edit-in LR will open the whole folder for import in LR. Edit-in PS will only open single files in ACR.

Will it help to download the Microsoft camera codec pack? https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=26829

should at least make your raw files available to Windows.

Is your version of LR 6 up to date? Unless you have downloaded a recent update to camera RAW you won't be able to manipulate the RAW files in either LR or PS. 

Unless you have a financial reason not to go to CC or are just bloody minded and don't like the concept of software as a service the best thing you could do is update from LR6 and PS to the Abode photographers package of CC that includes both products for around $10/month depending on where you live. That way your software will be up to date you won't have issues with new cameras and the speed enhancesmnets Adobe have built into the last few releases will assist with your editing.

Download problems solved.  I can open Fuji RAF files with LR 6, adjust them, then send to PSCS5 with LR adjustment as a Tiff.  PSCS 5 will then edit them.

Any suggestions on where to purchase PSCS 6?

Thanks for the help.

Anne

You should find one on eBay. I'm currently demosaicing and converting to DNG with Iridient X Transformer when necessary, importing to LR6 and exporting to PS CC 2015. For non-landscape I leave out the IXT step.

54 minutes ago, Annewin said:

I looked at the Affinity Photo and It looks very interesting and I like the fact that I can just buy it .  Really don't like subscriptions.

Nor me - I bought the standalone LR6.