Wanna be Fuji owner, which one?

ManningT
xt20 with the 18-55mm f/2.8 to 4

Or

Xt1 with 18-55 f/2.8 to 4 and xf 35mm f/2 r wr lens 

Both are the same price.

Which one for a first Fuji camera?

Dismason

I have been a Nikon shooter for over 40 years.

So I've got familiar with Fujifilm by lending Fuji from the local camera store. Most of the models and glasses that came to me have been used. Fujifilm X-T1 is my favorit so far. 
Now I finally made the decision to buy and ordered my first own Fujifilm camera: X100F (black) + TCL-100B II lens + extra NP-W126BS battery and the EF-X20 flash. In Finland to a cost of 1995€ (2017).

It will also be used to photograph professional basketball and ice hockey. I shall report my experiences with the new X100F camera on this forum later on :-)

• Like 1

Dismason

I got my new tools yesterday.

Fujifilm_X100F.thumb.jpg.50cad7f63ab494eae6ebcd857e4edd06.jpg

This pic is taken with Fujifilm X-T1. Lens: XF 35mm.

• Like 1

raagamuffin

ManningT,

This is always a difficult question because there are too many variables here (also perhaps why people are reluctant to comment). 

You should look at your style of shooting, your expectations for handling,  your post processing workflow etc and then go with  one that suits your needs. 

For example, the XT20 doesn't have an ISO dial, the XT1 has slower autofocus, the XT20 has 4K video, the new Fuji XT2 (and presumably the T20) rendering is different from the XT1  and so on. 

If you use and dispose of cameras every year or two this may not be as big a deal, but I keep my cameras for a few years at a time, so I like to make sure I can get to know it very well and it feels good in my hands. As an example,  I bought an XT10 as a way to get a cheaper XT1, but I didn't like the handling. I upgraded to the XT2 and it has a great feel (with all features readily accessible).

Hope this helps or maybe it doesn't :)

• Like 1

ManningT

Wanted to say thanks for the help in picking out a camera. I went for the Xt1. The larger grip, view finder, and the deal with a free 35mm was hard to turn down. The price for the xt2 is just to hard to justify for a casual shooter. 

• Like 1

Dismason

Nice @ManningT , you made a good choice and I wish you good shots with it. One of mine pics taken with X-T1 have been published by National Geographic, so the T1 is still a perfect tool for photography.
Regards from Finland
Carl

• Like 1