Sign in to follow this  
Dismason

Do not buy a camera with a fixed lens!

Dismason

When I picked my next camera purchase, I got a few advices: "Do not buy a camera with a fixed lens!" "The X100F is made for street photography, not for sports." "Buy a weather sealed camera, X100F cannot be used in bad weather."
I do not agree and bought Fujifilm X100F, and it works really well :-)

DCGI2239.thumb.jpg.d0eedcdb53964dc1a79c345516f4fa4b.jpg

DCGI2226.thumb.jpg.8b7bcae445242184ea369c2adc80dc19.jpg

Have a nice weekend!
Here in Finland it's still rain
Carl

• Like 4

farrell

When I first saw the announcement of the X100, I was convinced that it was conceptually

invalid, market-wise.

The days of high-end fixed-lens cameras like the Kodak Retina series and its Zeiss counterpart

were gone forever, weren't they?

Who needs a fixed-lens Flintstone-looking camera in a lens-swapping world?

A lot of people, eventually including me, became convinced that they did.

I own a lot of very sharp lenses, but the fixed lens of my X100S may be the sharpest I've

ever owned, 

That's why I would include the entire camera in a kit rather than buy the 23/2, which I view

as a lesser optic.

Now my GAS pressure is rising for an X100F, not because I'm convinced that 16 Mpx is obsolete

but for the new features that enhance the concept of the one pound system.  

• Like 2

gaopa

Like Carl, I have the 100F and enjoy it very much. What a great little camera!

• Like 1

Buck777

I have the F ( plus W/TCL). It’s my first venture into the X100 world. It’s good, but I’ve got a long way to go with it. My T2 with the 16 and 35mm 1.4 smashes it for me out of the park. However, I’m not going to let a camera I’ve paid so much for beat me. I’ve been severely tempted with an offer to replace it with a Xpro2 and 23 f2 graphite, but I brought the f for a purpose, that is to have a more portable camera with similar technology to my T2, that I can easily take mountain biking etc...and that is the F.

• Like 2

farrell

The X100 series is a very special package.

It is not a replacement for an interchangeable-lens system, nor was it intended to be.

I'm fairly certain most owners of an X100-series camera also own a lens-swapping system.  

To encumber an X100 with FL conversion devices defeats its conceptual purpose without

providing an adequate FL range.  

• Like 2

johnwillyums

I have a similar set up, except that I have the X-Pro 2, instead of the XT.

Prior to that I had the X-T1, and the X100.

Are you saying you're getting better results from the X-T2 than with the 100F?. Do you mean the IQ or the speed of use?, because I find the X100F beats the the X-Pro 2.

For some reason I can take very similar pictures with both, and I always prefer the rendering on the X100F. It think has a more photographic look.

In use it's virtually identical which is great. Previously, with the X100 and the X-Pro 1, the operation, the positioning of the controls etc. were totally different.

Now, the process of taking a picture is very similar on both cameras, I've only had the cameras a few months and find that the controls are embedding in muscle memory already, feels just like the old days.

• Like 1

farrell
On 10/8/2017 at 7:21 AM, Dismason said:

When I picked my next camera purchase, I got a few advices: "Do not buy a camera with a fixed lens!" "The X100F is made for street photography, not for sports." "Buy a weather sealed camera, X100F cannot be used in bad weather."
I do not agree and bought Fujifilm X100F, and it works really well :-)

DCGI2239.thumb.jpg.d0eedcdb53964dc1a79c345516f4fa4b.jpg

DCGI2226.thumb.jpg.8b7bcae445242184ea369c2adc80dc19.jpg

Have a nice weekend!
Here in Finland it's still rain
Carl

My last shred of fiscal responsibility failed and I expect delivery of a new X100F mid-week.

• Like 2