ishrios

X100F or XE3?

ishrios

Hey Everyone...

Im sure im not the only one who is debating this, But I just happened to sell my X100t this weekend

Ive been trying to figure out which camera to upgrade to because I really love the Xtrans 3 sensor as I already own a XT2 and considered it was worth it enough to sell my 100t for the sensor upgrade.

The XE3 is being offered up at a great value with the 23mmf2 wr lens, so it makes it very comparable to the 100F..

I know the XE3 is still on pre-sale so I know not many have had a hands-on with it but most of you know what to expect. 

So with that being said, I want to know what camera you guys would choose and why.

Thanks in Advance.

farrell
1 hour ago, ishrios said:

Hey Everyone...

Im sure im not the only one who is debating this, But I just happened to sell my X100t this weekend

Ive been trying to figure out which camera to upgrade to because I really love the Xtrans 3 sensor as I already own a XT2 and considered it was worth it enough to sell my 100t for the sensor upgrade.

The XE3 is being offered up at a great value with the 23mmf2 wr lens, so it makes it very comparable to the 100F..

I know the XE3 is still on pre-sale so I know not many have had a hands-on with it but most of you know what to expect. 

So with that being said, I want to know what camera you guys would choose and why.

Thanks in Advance.

Neither is an apt replacement for the other.

Q: Should I buy an X100F or an XE3?

A: Yes.

My next buy will be an X100F. I am quite satisfied with my XT20 so I have no interest in the XE3.

I love my X100S. 

I don't "need" an X100F.

But I want one.

K1W1_Mk2

I'll go the other route.

Love my X100s.

Never bonded with my X-T1. X-T2 and X-T20 are of no interest.

There is something about the x100F styling that doesn't say "buy me" to me at least.

X-E3 is the first Fuji camera for a while that has me really excited and at the bargain basement price they are selling for compared to X100F, X-Pro2 or X-T2 I will be in. I'm just waiting till the new rebates start hopefully next week to decide whether the body +23 f2 combo will be better than the body plus a separate 23 f2 with a rebate.

Whilst nominally the X-T3 and X100s will be the same they are not really and I'm sure I will still get plenty of use from the X100s but equally the X-T3 has the new sensor, better focus acquisition and control (joystick) and I suspect the touch screen will be useful when I get used to it plus I can leverage my existing Fuji lenses if I want. Win win for me.

veejaycee
16 hours ago, ishrios said:

Hey Everyone...

Thanks in Advance.

Since you have the XT2, I feel the XT20 with similar layout and method of shooting would be a more common sense second body. Unless there is something other than new model GAS which inclines you towards the XE3. No doubt it is an excellent camera and it's swipe-ability for menu and settings changes may appeal to some especially those from a P&S background but personally I look on it as could have been great camera but crippled for no reason I can see (no tilt screen so even the touch focus/shoot is less useful. It's size - had it been the same as previous EX1/2 it would more easily handholdable sans grip because the XE models were 1cm wider than XT10/20 so a shame they decided to shrink it too the level of "slightly awkward to hold" for many users without additional grip.

I think you will find the XT20 reduced in price with and without bundles to less that the XE3.

I would certainly choose it over an X100f - it won't be quite so slim with a lens fitted but small enough to fit in a pocket with 18 or 27mm or even the 23, f2.

Personally I came to Fuji partly to get away from menus so I'll stick with pro end bodies as main unit with consumer body for a very able backup/2nd body. In fact, since fitting the proper Fuji grip (as with my other bodies) to the XT20, I find myself picking it up with a prime or two or even 18-55mm instead of the double weight XT2 + 16-55 f2.8.

A few reports by actual users say the XE3 definitely feels plastic by comparison to XT20 (which itself feels plastic compared to XT2/XP2). Then again, perhaps you consider that worth the sacrifice for the extra loss of weight.

ishrios
On 10/10/2017 at 7:24 AM, veejaycee said:

Since you have the XT2, I feel the XT20 with similar layout and method of shooting would be a more common sense second body. Unless there is something other than new model GAS which inclines you towards the XE3. No doubt it is an excellent camera and it's swipe-ability for menu and settings changes may appeal to some especially those from a P&S background but personally I look on it as could have been great camera but crippled for no reason I can see (no tilt screen so even the touch focus/shoot is less useful. It's size - had it been the same as previous EX1/2 it would more easily handholdable sans grip because the XE models were 1cm wider than XT10/20 so a shame they decided to shrink it too the level of "slightly awkward to hold" for many users without additional grip.

I think you will find the XT20 reduced in price with and without bundles to less that the XE3.

I would certainly choose it over an X100f - it won't be quite so slim with a lens fitted but small enough to fit in a pocket with 18 or 27mm or even the 23, f2.

Personally I came to Fuji partly to get away from menus so I'll stick with pro end bodies as main unit with consumer body for a very able backup/2nd body. In fact, since fitting the proper Fuji grip (as with my other bodies) to the XT20, I find myself picking it up with a prime or two or even 18-55mm instead of the double weight XT2 + 16-55 f2.8.

A few reports by actual users say the XE3 definitely feels plastic by comparison to XT20 (which itself feels plastic compared to XT2/XP2). Then again, perhaps you consider that worth the sacrifice for the extra loss of weight.

As much as I like the X-T20 I dont think I can do another fuji camera without the joystick.. That was a game changer for me on the X-T2.. And now that you mention the smallness of the X-E3 its got me thinking that the X100f is going to be the way to go for me.. 

Ahhh we will see

K1W1_Mk2

Compared to the X100F there is very little in the size difference, a couple of mm here and there. If you compare the X-E3 to the previous XE cameras there is a noticeable difference. With such a small variation in the two cameras you really need to hold then yourself one after the other to see how they feel to you in your hands.

farrell
1 hour ago, veejaycee said:

Agree about the joystick.

Take a look at this. The XE3 (camera 2) is in front of the X100F. Swap them around by clicking camera 1 in front etc.

http://camerasize.com/compare/#705,721

Comparison is valid in terms of size.

Irrelevant to the different essential nature of the models.

Sales of X100-series cameras is not driven by its size, but the very properties

that set it apart from the generic interchangeable-lens milieu.