Fuji XT-2 will not video past 5:20 min at 1080p???

Can anyone tell me why I cannot shoot more that a 5:20 minute clip with my Fuji XT-2 shooting just 1080p 30fps??

I'm using just the camera no grip (should get 15 min), original battery, and have tried 4 different SD cards ranging from 80mbs-90mbps.

It is pretty frustrating that I'm having this issue with a $2000 camera that I bought for some amazing locations around the world and literally used an iphone at times instead because I cannot get the shot with this camera.

Do you have any suggestions? After researching I see that other people have the same exact problem, but I have not found a solution. Thanks!

51 minutes ago, FreeJimmy said:

Can anyone tell me why I cannot shoot more that a 5:20 minute clip with my Fuji XT-2 shooting just 1080p 30fps??

I'm using just the camera no grip (should get 15 min), original battery, and have tried 4 different SD cards ranging from 80mbs-90mbps.

It is pretty frustrating that I'm having this issue with a $2000 camera that I bought for some amazing locations around the world and literally used an iphone at times instead because I cannot get the shot with this camera.

Do you have any suggestions? After researching I see that other people have the same exact problem, but I have not found a solution. Thanks!

What capacity is the card though? I'm not a video person and none of my Fujis have been used for video but I assume you need fairly large capacity cards for video as well as speedy ones.

Just checked the Fuji site - even an 8gb card at 1080 should give about 9 mins. With 2 x 8gb cards you should be able to double that.

The camera uses a FAT32 file system on its memory cards and like most other cameras it splits the video files into 4GB segments because that is the largest segment a FAT32 file system can handle.

If your 5:20 segments are 4GB is size that is the answer. If the file sizes are smaller than 4GB I'm not sure what is going on.

The camera should just record multiple 4GB segments that you can link seamlessly together.

Are you saying that the camera will only record one 5:20 segment then stop recording? If so that is a little strange.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd assume the OP is saying he gets a video that is 5:20 in length each time.  That means he is hitting the 4GB file size as indicated.  I record speeches at weddings sometimes (camera on a tripod with a boom mic) and sometimes people talk on and on and on ... :(   I will get several video files on my SD card.  But they go together perfectly fine when consolidating for a video to give the bride and groom.

The higher the quality of the video, the quicker the video hits that 4GB limit of FAT32.

• 2 weeks later...

No it's actually cutting off on me at random times too not just the 5:20. I've had it cut off at 2:30, 3:40, 4:10.

I've tried a few SD cards. This camera seems to overheat possibly. Not sure. It's pretty crazy and super frustrating that I am having to use my iphone instead of this camera because I can't rely on it and can't take it to get it fixed in my current location. 

PS I'm talkin about shooting in only 1080p too