Sign in to follow this  
ishrios

x100F EVF Color Inaccuracy vs LCD

Hey guys I'm adding more info to this post.

It looks like the color in the EVF of the x100F is very inaccurate vs what the lcd shows. There is a purple/redish hue in the EVF when shooting in black and white.. Upon further review I noticed that the EVF has an overall purple/ redish hue even when shooting in any other color simulation this is more emphasized in the Contrasty Dark parts of the the image.

The photos look fine when checked on the computer as they look on the lcd..

My main Issue is with the EVF making it a really weird shooting experience. 

Has anyone else experienced this?

I just got my x100F in today and while testing it out.. I switched it into Acros SImulation mode. 

As I brought the camera up to my eye I look through the viewfinder and I notice the EVF has a slight Red Tint to the image. It looks nothing like the Black and White that is showing through the LCD. I made sure Preview Pic Effect is On in the settings. It looks like a slight sepia tint in the EVF. '

I was curious to see if anyone else has experienced this? Is there a fix or will I have to send it out to Fuji for an evaluation? 

Thanks

Btw I have a XT-2 and the evf on my Xt-2 looks exactly how it does on the LCD so I know im not going crazy here.

Is there any way in camera to adjust the EVF colour balance?  Other cameras I've used have option to adjust the image in some way - don't know if such options are available with your X100, or even if they would solve the problem you see?

12 hours ago, artuk said:

Is there any way in camera to adjust the EVF colour balance?  Other cameras I've used have option to adjust the image in some way - don't know if such options are available with your X100, or even if they would solve the problem you see?

not sure..There is a color balance option in camera however it doesnt do much change especially when shooting in B&W.

I wonder if it could be a bad batch of evf''s there should be a way to re calibrate it..

Ill be speaking with Fuji tomorrow and ill keep you posted. 

Hi, I made an account just to comment on your post. 

I just purchased a used X100Tt on eBay and it has the same problem, except the tint is blue. I looked it up and it seems many people have had issues with their X100 series EVF’s having tints, but very few can explain it. Fuji has said nothing on the topic. Even the Xpro-1 and Xpro-2 have blueish EVF’s  

Did you manage to speak to Fujifilm on the matter? Is it a real bug or were there defective EVF’s?

There is color adjustment in camera for the EVF. This issue is exactly why I never use mine when using my X100F. I prefer the old school optical feel any ways. My XT-1 however has a beautiful EVF and y'all know how old that is! 

Play with the EVF colorbalance though. You can make it a little better but not perfect. 

• Like 1