Lif

X10 failure to save photos

I was given a used X10 as a gift recently, and have been playing with it just fine.  It took photos, I downloaded photos to my PC.  However yesterday it suddenly decided to stop saving photos to its internal memory or to the memory card.  I have been poking around the manual + forums + Googling the problem but haven't even come up with anyone else having it.  Did I accidentally press some button that prevents images from being stored anywhere?

Note that I retrieved some old photos from the former owner from the internal memory (nothing overly incriminating!) so I know my photos are not there.  I also tested the memory card and it is fine, too.  It accepts new files, but of course if the camera's not creating new files there's nothing to save to the card.

I hope this has a simple solution because I was liking the X10 very much!  

Reformat the card in the camera.

If that doesn't work then try a full factory reset of the camera. When downloading - copy the files from card to PC(rather than moving them) then reformat each time in the camera.

I"m not sure what reformatting the card would do.  The card is fine.  I can do the factory reset, though.  Thanks.

2 hours ago, veejaycee said:

Reformat the card in the camera.

If that doesn't work then try a full factory reset of the camera. When downloading - copy the files from card to PC(rather than moving them) then reformat each time in the camera.

I reset the camera and yay!  That did the trick!  Thank you.

Is the write to memory LED blinking after you take a photos? It is just to the right of the viewfinder on the rear of the camera and blinks or is solid in different colours to give different warnings. Solid orange means it is recording to the memory (or card).

Is the memory card locked? I know you should get an error message if it is but its worth checking.

I don't believe that there is any setting in the camera that allows you to take pretend pictures (not recorded in other words) so either the picture is not being taken in the first place or there is likely to be an issue with the camera hardware.

Reformatting the camera seems to have fixed the problem.  I took another trial photo and yes, the memory LED now blinks.  it seems to be alternating between orange and green, but it is recording the images to the card.  

I have attempted to clear the internal memory, which says it is full if the card is out of the camera.  There are seven old photos from before I received the camera.  I poked around the forum to see how to clear the internal memory and followed the directions, but the images were still there.  I'm not good at reading manuals (too impatient!) but I forced myself to do it and did find out how to removed those old photos.  Maybe all will be well now.

Thank you!

Select copy form the playback menu

Choose to copy from Internal memory to SD card

Select All frames

To delete the images in the internal memory.

Take the card out of the camera

Select Erase from the playback menu

Select all frames