Sign in to follow this  
VelvetLounger

Atomos digital recorder

VelvetLounger

Hello. Im using my XT-2 to video interviews that often exceed the 15 minute record limit. Is anyone aware if i can bypass this limit by using an Atomos digital capture device?

thanks

artuk

The camera would need to have a connection (port) that can stream the video data to an external recorder.  I don't believe the Fuji X cameras support this, but you need to check with the manufacturer / manual.  The only camera I know can do this is the Sony A7S, since this implementation allowed it to record 4k.

Even using an external recorder, the camera may still shut down when using video for extended periods if the sensor becomes too hot.

I did think the cameras can record video for extended periods, but will create a series of files that contain contiguous video.

veejaycee
12 hours ago, VelvetLounger said:

Hello. Im using my XT-2 to video interviews that often exceed the 15 minute record limit. Is anyone aware if i can bypass this limit by using an Atomos digital capture device?

thanks

You need to fit the battery pack with 2 extra 126S batteries. You will be able to shoot 4K up to 30 minutes.