Sign in to follow this  
Franky2step

X-T2 and new(to me) EF-X20 settings

Franky2step

Today I received the EF-X20 and want to use it on my X-T2. I have almost no experience with flash and need help with camera settings. When I delve into the flash menu I see the "flash function settings. and the next screen shows mode, SYNC TERMINAL, with a large M below. Greyed out below that is TTL Mode, zoom and angle. SYNC. is set to front. If I drop down to TTL MODE (greyed out) and hilight it, I am unable to accomplish anything. I am thinking I can change the M setting to TTL but this is not the case. I thought maybe it was the MS+ES setting so I changed that to purely MS. Can someone offer up some help and how to get this sorted?

Franky2step

and also, when I look through the viewfinder it is extremely dark and there is a -3 displayed yet my dial atop the camera body is set at 0......

veejaycee

Difficult without having the same flash/camera setup.

Is your camera set for manual exposure? Set the shutter to the X synch speed as marked (1/250) or slower if necessary to balance with ambient light, but no faster than 1 /250. Set lens to your chosen aperture and set ISO 400. The EF-X20 is not powerful so start at ISO 400 and adjust up/down if necessary. Use M shutter. Hopefully you can now set TTL on the flash to take care of supplying enough light to match your set exposure. If you set lower than 1/250 to balance with ambient light the TTL should take care of it.

Also - check the screen setup menu item "preview exposure in manual mode" is set to OFF - or at least be aware if it is ON and perhaps showing a dim viewfinder image.

Check that no other settings such as CL/CH, bracketing, etc are set.