At some point, another X100 will be released. What I'd like to see is a newer 23mm lens, that sticks about 5 mm further out so it is easy to use the aperture dial.

I'd like to see the ISO set from a button on the D pad, and the removal of the dial on the front hand handgrip and also from its current set up on the shutter speed timer.

I'd also like to see a little zoom lens developed that can be screwed onto the camera's lens (like the TCL teleconversion lens), that runs from 35mm to 50 mm with about a half turn to move from 35mm to 50 mm. The aperture could be 2.8 and still be useful given the high ISO now available with the bigger sensor. This would hopefully keep the front lens of the zoom smaller than the current TCL 35 mm lens adapter. I know that there is the cropping ability provided in the camera, but I would prefer to retain the 24 MB ability. 

With the little zoom capability, I would probably sell my ever expanding kit of lenses and bodies and simplify things again.

• Like 2

I had another thought today: I'd like to see it with a lens that focused manually like the old ones and not by wire like they are now. Even on the 14mm f2.8 and 23mm f1.4 which both have a manual clutch mechanism, it isn't as good as the old manual ones.