I just now pushed the button on an X-T20 and am beyond excited that it's on its way to my house. This is my first Fuji. I'm coming from a Canon 5DmkII, a 10-year-old camera, so this will be an upgrade in technology and a shift in a camera ecosystem for me. Mirror to mirrorless.  OVF to EVF. 

I ordered the silver version for purely superficial reasons. To my eyes anyway, it looks more 'retro' than the all-black. It will be a nice complement to my film gear. Also, I added the 50 f/2 and left off the 18-55 f/2.8. I'm sure that kit lens is perfectly functional and all, but I wanted to hit the ground running with a solid, relatively fast, and (presumably) sharp prime.  I've been reading a lot of good reviews about it, anyway. As I sell of my Canon gear, I'll add more Fuji lenses to my setup.  I'm also intrigued by that 23 f/2, and that just might be lens #2 when we get to that point. Some longer, fast zooms are probably also in my future. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

So, it looks like I need to shut down my Canon forums and start looking around on here more. I'm looking forward to spending some summer learning this new system and getting some nice images in the process.

Congratulations. I think and hope you'll come to fe liberated with such a change is camera size and weight. You'll find that you take it when you migt have left the big guns at home. The 18-55 is way better than a kit lens but if you are a prime shooter then perhaps leave that as used purchase while you stock up on primes. I use the f1.4 23 and 35mm but the f2 series are excellent and maybe I'd have bought them first if they'd been there. The 23 f1.4 is big so I may swap for the f2 or more likely go without because since getting the 16-55mm f2.8 a couple of years ago my primes (apart from 90mm f2) have become special purpose lenses for when I really need the extra 2 stops - the 16-55mm f2.8 has put many user in the same position.

Anyway, welcome and I wish you good light.

Vic

Interesting that you mention the kit lens. I did a little more searching after I placed the order, and decided to spend a little less and get that instead of the prime.  I was able to stop my order and get it changed. With the money I saved, I was able to add some extra accessories to my order. Examples I'm seeing from the 18-55 look really good. They far surpass what I was able to get with my original Canon Rebel kit lens some 10 years ago. After this kit lens, I'll start adding some primes as I go.

My first X-lens was the 18-55, and my experience with it is the same as veejaycee's.

I was surprised by how good it is, in my view clearly better than the common 3:1 zoom.

I like my XT20 very much too.

EOBeav, 

Welcome to the Fuji world :)

I'd say that its good you're buying the 18-55 first. Once you go prime, you may be reluctant to use it. I still use my well worn 35mm 1.4 (and 23mm 1.4) all the time. I sold my 18-55 around the time I started using those and found their IQ to be brilliant.