RickL

X-T2 giving all-black images in preview and post-capture regardless of settings

Hi, I am a fairly new user to X-T2 and have been using it since January this year. During a shoot today, it was working perfectly fine until I switched to panorama after which it gives me a pitch black screen both in preview and after capture regardless of whichever settings I use it with. Apart from this, everything seems to be working fine, LCD is fully functional and I can see settings, review images taken previously. If I press down the shutter button, it gives me the sound but the image is completely black.

I am using Fuji 23mm/f2, original Fuji battery, ScanDisk memory card, latest 4.01 firmware (and yes lens cap was off). I have reset the camera a couple of times, removed lens and cleaned the connecting ports but to no avail. I have never dropped the body or the lens so completely confused as to what could suddenly go wrong as one second it was working perfectly and then it just gets black screen.

Would really appreciate help on this.

IMG_3431.JPG

IMG_3432.JPG

View mode buton on the side of the evf hump. cycle through in case you've changed it inadvertently. Also check the viewfinder eyecup (especially if of the extended type) is not covering the eye sensor which switches from LCD to evf and vice versa.

You may actually have switched the LCD off of course and if you don't have your eye to the evf, you won't see that either. I've done that!

Check your shutter speed. I use aperture priority but occasionally I bump the shutter dial from automatic to 8000 second. It looks good in the view finder until I play it back. Yes I push the button down to lock it in automatic but when I'm pulling the camera from my bag I will reach in and in the process touch the button releasing it. Then a day later, I'll bump it from automatic shutter to 8000 of a second.