EOBeav

First images from X-T20

I took delivery of my X-T20 yesterday and by evening had it figured out enough to get a couple of images. These are just a couple I got out stepping out on the front porch in the quickly-fading evening light. I can see how film shooters like me enjoy this camera. Shooting with a Canon FD 50mm f/1.8, I navigated through the menus enough to be able to accomplish attaching a non-Fuji lens in my short time with it. The thing I'm most excited about right now? The focus peaking option, which the online reviewers haven't emphasized very much. Not from what I've seen, anyway.  I can well imagine using that feature when I'm shooting portraits with a manual focus lens. Anyway, I'll be shooting a lot more interesting subjects, of course, but I'm excited about what I'll be able to do. This camera just seems like it's adaptable to a lot of different shooting styles. 

28700062568_a7fd23a97d_b.jpg

27704173257_8c63d31d7c_b.jpg

Glad you're liking it.

If you shoot raw and jpg, choose a BW sim and red focus peaking for MF. It shows up better.

On 6/5/2018 at 7:53 AM, veejaycee said:

Glad you're liking it.

If you shoot raw and jpg, choose a BW sim and red focus peaking for MF. It shows up better.

Thanks for the tip. How is this done? I looked all through the manual and couldn't find it. 

Oh, n/m, it is works when you're using a film sim. 

5 hours ago, EOBeav said:

Thanks for the tip. How is this done? I looked all through the manual and couldn't find it. 

Oh, n/m, it is works when you're using a film sim. 

You're always using a film sim even it's STD as mine is but raw discards it.

Front switch to M and use back button focus (AFL).  Set the colour and type of highlight in AF-MF setting, page 2 MF assist - peak. Once you've set up that you can use the rear control wheel (press - also press and turn) to cycle through - standard vf, magnified VF, split image and peaking.

Thanks! Yeah, I've been using the peak focus assist almost since I took the camera out of the box. I mostly use manual focus so big help to me. My learning curve continues, though. I just figured out how to shoot RAW and apply the film sims after the fact (and other attributes, of course).