LCM_Scott

Looking for accessory advice. (X100F)

LCM_Scott

Hey y'all I habe recently purchased an X100F to add to my Fuji line up and I love it except for one thing... Its a slippery lil critter! There is very little grip to it. I am looking into options for grip extensions. I have noticed people using the hotshoe thumb grips but I think I want more grip on the front right side. Any one using cases or grip extensions that can offer some suggestions?

IMG_20180902_223411_663.jpg

veejaycee

I think a half-case is your best bet, They come with a small grip on the front to enhance your hold on the camera. Thumb grips used in conjunction are also useful as they allow you to apply a little pressure from front and back.

• Thanks 1

LCM_Scott

Thank you! You wouldn't happen to have any suggestions as to whom may carry some good options would you?

LCM_Scott

I actually was going to get one from Kenji for my X-T1 but went with another brand instead.

LCM_Scott

Well I ended up going with this beauty from Seilstyles. Nice length and durable build quality.

IMG_20181230_130802_822.jpg

veejaycee

Very smart - now you're all set to go out and pose with your camera. 馃榿

• Haha 1

farrell
On 1/5/2019 at 7:59 AM, veejaycee said:

Very smart - now you're all set to go out and pose with your camera. 馃榿

Sometimes you're the shooter and sometimes you're the subject.

• Like 1

flashbang

My "homebrew" solution: scarp bits of aluminum, brass and wood and a day's worth of filing and sanding.聽聽 Works!

untitled-4.jpg

• Like 1

veejaycee

What can I say Flashbang except that I have never been less jealous than I am of that bit of kit.

Spending the same day in modestly paid labour you could buy 3 or 4 Meike grips - of course, you wouldn't have the same individual styling. 馃槈

• Like 1

LCM_Scott

Well my X-T1 is still my work horse and doesn't get as nicely dressed up as this beauty. This is my EDC street shooter. I love the styling and look lf this camera and I want my subjects to enjoy its beauty as much as I do. The look and overall build quality of these Fujifilm cameras are second to none in my mind!

Screenshot_20171027-134759.png

veejaycee

I'm surprised, I would have thought the X100S would be your street camera. I've been checking out the prices of used X100 series myself. It would need to be cheap because i already have 4 bodies and too many lenses. The X70 would be better for the 18mm focal length (for me) but although I shoot blind from the hip, I'm not comfortable without a viewfinder.

farrell
5 hours ago, veejaycee said:

I'm surprised, I would have thought the X100S would be your street camera. I've been checking out the prices of used X100 series myself. It would need to be cheap because i already have 4 bodies and too many lenses. The X70 would be better for the 18mm focal length (for me) but although I shoot blind from the hip, I'm not comfortable without a viewfinder.

I'm grateful that even at 77 I still have have no trouble getting a "grip" on my cameras without accessories.

I also sometimes like shooting blind;experience and practice can help a shooter acquire a fairly good sense

of leveling needing very little editing to plumb up verticals or correct roll.

Depending on where the sun is in daylight, a display that will swing to horizontal can be a useful viewfinder,

even if only certain highlight "points" can be seen and shading the display with a hand would alert intended

subjects that they are "targets".

'

LCM_Scott

Picked up a new wrist strap which has helped a ton!

Screenshot_20190711-141648_Instagram.jpg