What is your favorite Fuji Film Simulations?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Film Simulations

• Provia/Standard
    • Velvia/Vivid
    • Astia/Soft
    • Acros
    • Classic Chrome
    • Pro Neg. Hi/Standard
    • Monochrome
    • Sepia
    • Advanced/Other

The Fujifilm Film Simulations are hands down one of the main things that keeps me coming back to the brand. It is by far one of the most fun things to tinker with while shooting and really increases my enjoyment out in the field. 

I have been shooting alot less with my X-T1 lately and have been enjoying my X100F far more but here are a few examples of the film simulations I have enjoyed using from my X-T1 and still use while shooting my X100F. 

Classic Chrome:

FB_IMG_1538922323408.jpg.397a7242505ecd38f2e7baf29576a2ca.jpg

Monochrome:

FB_IMG_1538922310079.jpg.7b29234d7f54481df56bf1b3581bfefd.jpg

Velvia/Vivid: 

FB_IMG_1538922299140.jpg.ea886b90bd4b905f96be81ba6a9699ce.jpg

Pop Color:

FB_IMG_1538922441215.jpg.20f7d6ec5efe674cd084111923ed829e.jpg

I threw in the over saturated Pop Color example because although its unrealistic for most real world shooting applications it can still be fun and provide some interesting results!

Grew up on Kodachrome, then Velvia came along and I haven't looked back. Loved Provia for its fidelity to ASA 100 black and white Polaroids before shooting for real, and its color was second only to Velvia in my mind, but I just always come back to the look of Velvia for my landscapes. And yes, the film simulations are one of my favorite features about Fuji digital.

• Like 1

I shoot raw and fine but only for the jpg to give me a good idea of IQ before processing.

On film I mostly disliked Velvia for its habit of blocking the shadows and maybe I was biased having grown up with Kocachrome 25. These days I seem to mainly process for B&W - https://photos.app.goo.gl/yLruxh3s8DWYZXDB6

Once spring arrives I'll begin shooting more colourful scenes/subjects.

• Like 1

Interesting you make that comment about B&W processing, veejaycee. I find myself drawn to that more and more as well, especially for situations where the scene may be dramatic, but the color isn't, if you know what I mean?

Great shots, BTW. I'm always amazed at folks who can shoot great street photos.

Bob

• Like 1