I Just purchased the XT-3 and found that my pictures don’t look great in Lightroom.  What is the best software to edit and save my Fuji photos?  I tried the free Fuji software but it’s a pain to hook up my camera to edit and convert pictures.  I don’t plan on abandoning Adobe yet.

I shoot in raw and have noticed my picture don’t have the same pop as when I use the Fuji software.  I just don’t want to have to tether my camera to my Mac to develop pictures and convert to jpeg.  That’s why I am looking for software that will take advantage of Fuji’s capabilities.

i sold my D500 to purchase the Xt-3.

Raw is not just the name of a file type, it is the description of it. When I open a raw file I expect it to look flat and to lack lustre,to have little colour and not very sharp. Once I've adjusted the tones I usually find the colour is there and only rarely do I need to sharpen. Even choosing a film sim from the profiles list will get you most of the way there.

Anyway, see what luck you have with the raw converter linked above. Capture 1 is also highly rated and Luminar (but that is not colour managed on Windows machines yet). Raw Therapee I think has a free basic version for Fuji. Affinity photo is worth a look too.

The image shown when you import to LR is the jpg representation of the raw file. Also other software and browsers such as Fastone (not colour managed) will show the same

I still suggest you try developing in LR before deciding.

Thanks, I have Luminar2017 and rarely use it.  My  XT-2 raw files don’t look as good as my Nikon raw files.  I usually don’t have to do much processing.  The Fuji looks better on the Fuji raw from the camera.  I am thinking about paying for Silkypix.

Slkypix is said by many to be excellent. The main complaint is the clunky interface which I admit I could not get used to either. Did you try the free version of Silkypix/Fuji raw convertor yet to see how you like it?

Sounds like you don't like the starting point of the RAW Fujifilm file as well.  Find a better one and save it as the default import settings and the "problem" won't be a problem any more.  You can do this by tweaking a file to taste and then command/option click Reset (it'll change to Set Default...).

Are you importanting to LR, tweaking the file and saving it as the default for I importing all other files?

I use Lightroom regularly - remember that RAW files (RAF in Fuji) are unprocessed files containing all the picture data and have NOT been processed by the camera so they will always appear dull and flat.  The image you see on your camera screen is a processed Jpeg version.  Raw files allow you to process the image to your personal tastes.  This applies to all processing software with tax files. Working on a Jpeg file in any software will degrade the image as it has already lost a substantial amount of its image data.  Once processed a raw file can be saved as either a TIFF (larger file) or a Jpeg

Hope this helps a little

Raw files generally look like crap until they are processed.  That's the whole point of shooting in raw.   I get excellent results with LR--after I've done my edits.  I recommend learning more about how LR works before jumping to another program.  I