I use the wonderful 18-55mm zoom lens for 80 percent of my photography with my X-E3. But when I want to travel light, I mount the 27mm f2.8 pancake lens, which turns the X-E3 into a pocketable camera. But more than a few times when I'm using the 27mm, I've wished the X-E3 had the digital zoom of the X100f. Maybe Fujifilm would consider adding that feature in the next firmware update for the X-E3. That feature would mean I could compose shots with my 27mm lens at the (35mm equivalents) of 41mm, 56mm and 80mm lenses. The addition of a digital zoom function on the X-E3 would certainly be encouragement for me to buy another prime lens, like the 18mm lens (which would become a 27mm, 40mm and 54mm lens). Does this feature appeal to other Fuji shooters?

The Fuji 100 series have a fixed lens so Fuji lose nothing. A different story with the ILCs where Fuji make money from selling more lenses - why would they want to lose money by losing sales?

On 12/8/2018 at 4:39 PM, RSHPhotography said:

I use the wonderful 18-55mm zoom lens for 80 percent of my photography with my X-E3. But when I want to travel light, I mount the 27mm f2.8 pancake lens, which turns the X-E3 into a pocketable camera. But more than a few times when I'm using the 27mm, I've wished the X-E3 had the digital zoom of the X100f. Maybe Fujifilm would consider adding that feature in the next firmware update for the X-E3. That feature would mean I could compose shots with my 27mm lens at the (35mm equivalents) of 41mm, 56mm and 80mm lenses. The addition of a digital zoom function on the X-E3 would certainly be encouragement for me to buy another prime lens, like the 18mm lens (which would become a 27mm, 40mm and 54mm lens). Does this feature appeal to other Fuji shooters?

Most usually there is an image-quality cost to such convenience features.

Most early adopters of early zoom lenses knew that but most were news photographers who knew that

their crummy zoom lenses far exceeded the rez of newspapers.

I also have the 18-55 and it is very good.

As much as I dislike the 18.5mm  e28 FL, I'm tempted to buy an XF10 for its digital zoom feature because 

It has a grownup APS-C sensor in a very small pocketable package. 

Am willing to tolerate any losses because I don't make money from photography.

At this time my XP120 is my pocket camera.