fonfstop

XE-2 body to lens issue[AF]

I will describe an issue i recently had on my xe-2,just to ask for an advice/solution,in case somebody else had a similar problem.
-camera xe-2
-firmware 4.11[latest]
-reset on menu[as soon as problem was diagnosed]-all set again to fact. defaults
-lens 27/28-and kit lenses 16-50/50-230 all with the latest firmware
-fuji battery fully charged
-all camera and lens contacts have been checked and properly cleaned
-external camera button is set to ''S''[single AF-]
-shoot without lens ON[set on menu]
Camera [fitted with any fuji lens]most of the time can not recognize the lens fitted on,so it behaves as there is no lens on-so there is neither autofocus nor any chance to set aperture by using the on camera dial-And there is no way to fucus manually of course. Picture can be taken only in maxim. ap[eg2.8]- After shooting this way and reading afterwords the picture exif- its just as if an external manual prime lens[50mm] was fitted in-no zoom and aperture indications
- When ''shoot without lens is OFF'' [set on menu]
as expected you cant shoot any picture by pressing the button
- My result=that camera menu sets itself to the ''shoot without lens'' ON/OFF mode automatically by not recognizing any fuji lens and acts accordingly
-there is no other issue with the camera apart from the above-mentioned facts
-so the camera for the time being can be used ONLY with other brands external manual focus lenses
-that is not always the case,however-a few times it all comes back and camera recognizes lenses and behaves normally in AF with no problems at all.
Any suggestions apart from ''service''?

-

I think I understand you - and thank you for all the details you provided.

When using a non-Fuji lens set shoot without lens to ON. You can leave this set. Also you can leave any non Fuji lens focus length entered. The camera recognises when a Fuji lens is fitted and will override to normal Fuji auto settings.

I think that's what you have done - but just to be sure. 馃榾

I believe you need to clean the lens and camera contacts - use something like a pencil eraser but keep the lens and the camera facing down when you do this.

Otherwise it may be an electrical problem elsewhere in the camera. If it is out of warranty you should contact your local Fuji repair center for a quote before repair. They usually have an idea of the cause.

Best of luck. Vic