Maxaryaman

X100F will not create sharp images

Maxaryaman

Hello,

I have a two years old X100F with only 1800 shutter activations. travelled from Canada to Wales and in using camera, then transferring images to my iPad Pro via the Fuji app, most images seems to be very soft. I have tried shifting to manual focus and they are no better. The only images that seems to have any sharpness are those that are for close focus, perhaps 5 feet or less from the camera.

Would any of the forum experts care to offer any suggestions? There is not a filter on the front, as it was removed to check that the filter was not the issue.

As a sample image is attached.

Thank you very much.

Edited by Maxaryaman
Removed image to get around upload limit

NickC42

What was your shutter speed? From the blurring of the water I’m guessing around 1/30 to 1/15 sec, so it could be camera shake. I found the X100F more susceptible to this than other cameras, possibly due to the higher pixel count.

This doesn’t explain why closer subjects are better though, unless you managed to support the camera better. 

The alternative is a faulty lens.

Nick

Maxaryaman

I would like to ask for forgiveness from the forum members for asking the question about focussing, and err,... what I thought was the lack of.

I have made a rather obvious error. I am travelling and using my iPad Pro and the Fuji app to transfer the JPEG images via wi-if, from my X100F to my iPad. What I missed was the correct setting.

Like a fool, I had the app set to ‘resize’ images to a phone, hence the very low resolution images I was getting and their apparent lack of sharpness. I was trying to display on my 12.5’ iPad Pro, an image of too low a resolution to give a sharp image.

As soon as I changed settings in camera, I was able to re-import those JPEG images and have sharp JPEG images to work with.

I feel foolish for not having realized my error prior to asking the group members what the problem may be. As usual, it is a classic case of “User Error”.

• Like 2