Sign in to follow this  
PeterRockysdad

XPro 2 EVF repair issue

PeterRockysdad

My 2 year old XPro 2 has developed an issue with a blob in the middle of the EVF which is not shown in the OVF. I'd live with it if it wasn't  right in the middle of the frame. I sent the camera to Edison for repair and my first quote was $700. After phoning them the quote went down to $380 because they could use a "junk" or used EVF to fix the problem. I m a 30 year photography/cinematography professional. I own 5 X lenses. I shot Fuji still film professionally, i'e provia, velvia for many years and also used their motion picture film on several feature films. I was also featured in the X magazine #4 for work I did with my first Xpro (which still works perfectly I might ad).   I find this repair quote absurd for a 2 year old camera in which I did not create the problem and think its a lousy way to treat a long time professional customer. A one year warranty for repair on what is supposed to be a robust professional camera is disgusting.