GeoffC

I've just purchased an X-T3 and noticed a Capture One brochure inside it.

The registration doesn't clarify the Express is a free download. Is it worth trying, or better to stick with Luminar3? (Though I'm not overly impressed with Luminar3!)

• Like 1

Christopher

You should try it out, Capture One handles Fujifilm RAW files really well.

• Like 1

GeoffC

Thanks Christopher, I've downloaded the Express version - I'll see how it goes :D

arjay2402

I downloaded the Express version out of curiosity when I got my X-T3 but to be honest I wasn't impressed. As an alternative to other photo editors, I have been using Affinity Photo for a few years now. Very good value for money (one off payment, no subscription and regular free upgrades) I can recommend it.

• Like 1

GeoffC

I have an XE1 converted to IR 590nm. Luminar3 doesn't recognise the RAW files produced, so Capture One is proving somewhat useful.

Thanks arjay, Luminar was supposed to be a one-off subscription with updates, one payment saw me through upgrades from Luminar, to Luminar 2018, then Luminar 3. A new Luminar, Luminar 4 has an upgrade price!

I'll browse Affinity. mmmm Focus Stacking ! (I too have an XT3)

• Like 1

Jose Truong
On 6/10/2019 at 9:46 PM, GeoffC said:

I've just purchased an X-T3 and noticed a Capture One brochure inside it.

The registration doesn't clarify the Express is a free download. Is it worth trying, or better to stick with Luminar3? (Though I'm not overly impressed with Luminar3!)

I think U should try it. Thought U r Luminar  3 fan I am convinced and more satisfied with the Capture One workflow than  Luminar 3’ s....

GeoffC

The Express is a free download - not easy to realise that though!

You download the whole, but after 30 days it loses some of the functions. Capture One isn't an easy one to use for Channel Swapping.

Krajan

I was actually so impressed over how easy it is to use with; so I bought the Fuji Pro version. And now (suddenly) all the menus and layout looks the same as all the tutorials :) 

• Like 1

Dismason

I have used Adobe Photoshop CC and Luminar. Both Lightroom, PS and Luminar have been sensitive to crashes in my five year old iMac.
Now when I've tried Capture One Express, it got me to buy the Capture One Pro license for Fujifilm. There are not as many functions and options as in CC, but I think the image files look much clearer with greater dynamics with Capture One.
The best thing about it is that it is much faster than its competitors. I  removed the CC from my computer and it became twice as fast after that. Capture One is a time saver.
In my new Instagram portfolio (which I started three days ago), all images are converted from raw to jpg with Capture One Pro for Fujifilm:  https://www.instagram.com/fujifilm_by_carl/ 

• Like 1