Dogtog

E-X3 front dial question

Dogtog

I've have experience with the X-T2 and X-T3, but just got a new E-X3 and am having a problem with setting up the front dial. I usually shoot manual mode and let the ISO float via auto ISO. I change the aperture with the front dial (aperture ring set to "A") and SS with the rear command dial. On the front dial I can toggle between Aperture-Exposure Comp-ISO by pressing the front dial. Works fine on my other Fujis but on the E-X3 I can't change the aperture this way. The aperture value on the real screen is in orange. The exp.comp and iso via the front dial work fine.
Am I missing something?
Thanks in advance
Cheers

Dogtog

So far nobody has chimed in with advice or comment. After spending more time with the X-E3 now, I'm realizing (unlike the X-T3)  I can only use the front dial to control aperture on lenses without aperture rings. My frustration arose because I usually use primes with aperture rings.  Oh well. I hope this gets addressed with the next firmware upgrade so I don't have to wrestle with my stubborn muscle memory each time I switch between cameras. Any of you in the grey haired demographic know what I'm talking about.

Thanks for the opportunity to whine.