Dormouse

X10 "halfway" no longer focusing/locking focus

Dormouse

Help help!

My aged X10 is still working like a treat apart from a super irritating problem:
the shutter button no longer engages the camera when pressed halfway. It will still autofocus and take pictures when the button is fully pressed but I can't focus and lock focus halfway. I have reset the camera etc. but it seems there is a lack of connection between the button and the camera. Has anyone encountered this problem or got any suggestions?

(I'm a creature of habit and love this camera but having to use the manual focus just takes too long when taking snapshots)

cbrwng

Sorry to hear you're having challenges. Outside of double-checking your settings and doing a factory reset, you can use the AEL/AFL as a back button focus option using manual mode. Does the camera take an exposure reading when you half-press the shutter in manual mode? Does focus work if you press the shutter button halfway in continuous focus mode?