Sign in to follow this  
anom

Long-exposure daylight

anom

Hi everyone! I have a question for you guys. I have a x100 camera and I want to shot with long-exposure during the day sometimes, like waterfalls, skyline or whatever. But my problem is that all the time I am trying to take a picture with that, the photo is just white or super overexposed. Do you have some tips how to make it work for me? Or do I need some filters or something? Thanks for an advice!

Dismason

In bright light, you probably have to use a filter and then select a shutter speed for the brightest part of the image.
When I took the photo of the "Black Pearl" I used a 10 stop ND filter and exposed the image to the brightness of the sky (-3 on the camera setting): https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=135948154328609&set=a.110062373583854 & type = 3 & theater 
The effect I wanted was a smoother pattern on the sea surface. Also experimented to see if the $ 200 million ship gets sharp in the picture in hard wind with a five second exposure. My photo is taken with Fujifilm X100F.

• Like 1