Street Photography

p3t3or

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great shots. I love Central Camera. They saved my butt when I was in Chicago in March and had forgotten my battery charger. They had a compatible travel charger and after a stop for coffee and a charge I was back in business.

Central Camera is great, but not as great and stocked as they used to be. I fear they are slowly dying, but I only think this because of looks. I recall them being stocked to the ceiling with supplies 10 years ago, and now not so much.

4.jpg

• 5 months later...

p3t3or - some really excellent shots in this thread. Curious - are you stopping to frame the shot, or more like 'from the hip' (or from the nose in seconds)? Do some people mind or are you on the fly?

there are some TERRIFIC images on this thread - I feel kind of cowardly when it comes to street photography, but Im getting braver....

chris&lucy

It is now against the law to make eye contact anywhere on Her Majesty's Underground Rail Network...

onthetube

Some great photo opp's on the Tube...

greenpark

I love shooting on the street. I bought an X10 because of its potential for street photos. Lousy weather, the mother of all colds, holidays, and other duties have not allowed time for me to use it as much as I want to, but I'll get there. I have posted some of my street photo at this link.

@shotbyshaun Love that first one. Very nice.

@phdezra I no longer shoot from the hip. I sometimes shot from the hip about a year ago, but I eventually got fed up with what could of been great photograph but the horizon is jacked or it wasn't framed properly. Additionally, the woman in my last photograph would have never of made eye contact with the camera had I shot from the hip and her eye contact brings in another layer to the photograph (imo). I can only suggest to get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Yeah, shooting from the hip is for the birds. If you really believe in what you're doing then 'getting comfortable with being uncomfortable' is just the cost of going about your work. Besides, hip shooting is much creepier, both to the people you're shooting and in the results. IMHO anyway.

Archived