Sign in to follow this  
p3t3or

Street Photography

steve1401

@pominpocket - yes this is a really neat image. Is it yours, only asking 'cause it doesn't seem your kind of style, but if it is well done!!!

pominpocket

Thank you. I was in Nepal as a volunteer photographer and this street was near my hotel in Kathmandu. On the street there were many homeless youth sleeping on blankets with dogs all around them. People had tried to rehabilitate them but the lure of the glue and freedom was too much for them. I had the Nikon D90 with me and just fired. As I was shooting the guy put the finger up at me. I have some more of this set I can post later.

steve1401

@pominpocket - to be honest what does it for me is the fact that you have the two hands showing (the finger does give it more impetus), with the arm and body not visible. I know your not asking for a critique, but it's a shame the guy lying down wasn't shaded some more so only his legs were visible. Still a good shot.

EDIT - although you posting a Nikon picture on a Fuji forum lol

pominpocket

Yes I had better stop the Nikon shots!

As you can imagine I was not going to hang around and compose the shot at night on the street with crazy glue sniffers all around but I do have one of a guy sleeping on the street.

I also like the finger. I wonder how the Fuji' would have handled this shot .

sweeze

biscuit — I know Maciej! how funny. Wrong Maciej, oops!

Brossa8

I haven't read any comments, but I have thoroughly enjoyed browsing through all pictures in this thread. A big thanks to all posters; your pictures are quite inspiring!

steve1401

Let's get with the new Flickr - still undecided, but still uploading...

Too much to handle