Sign in to follow this  
p3t3or

Street Photography

p3t3or

He looked like Kurt! It was crazy. I even talked with him a bit. and @ren a lot of the pictures are cropped to vertical for a more interesting image.

sbutterfass

Question: Are the B&W in p3t3or in camera or post production?

elithrar

Hah, nice concept! I like the B&W tones here too—more than your other (still great) images, but I guess B&W processing is always a personal thing.

p3t3or

I've been turning off my lcd screen and only using my OVF when doing street photography and only looking at my images after I get home and I find it very rewarding.

4.jpg

4.jpg

4.jpg

4.jpg

4.jpg

MikeJMcFarlane

Yeah, lovely work and a pleasure to look through.

Some people looked so bemused at being photographed.

p3t3or

truthfully, i wait for that reaction, and then i hit the shutter button.

Guest [Deleted User]

Jesus, Central Camera. I used to spend a lot of time in that place. That's where I traded the used IIIF my dad gave me when turned 15 for my first M; I was in grad school a couple of blocks away. 1982. I still have a lot of gear & receipts out of there.

cosinaphile

chicago has a beautiful grittiness that reminds my of NYC

that ancient central camera signage is awesome

FinePixCamera

4.jpg

I used to live right around that location. Wonderful area, but very changed since I have been gone. The south lagoon has been totally redone!

FinePixCamera

I've been turning off my lcd screen and only using my OVF when doing street photography and only looking at my images after I get home and I find it very rewarding.

4.jpg

Wow...Central Camera....the store where I bought my very first Fuji camera, A GSW690. What a wonderful camera that I miss dearly. Amazingly sharp Fujinon lens on that camera. If I knew film would last, I'd try getting another one.

p3t3or

I purchased my first film slr from here when I was in college. I sold the camera in order to help fund a trip to Europe.

FinePixCamera

I purchased my first film slr from here when I was in college. I sold the camera in order to help fund a trip to Europe.

The Central Camera shop looks very old, and with Kodak going bankrupt, (and fading in relevance) that sign next to the Central one makes it look even older.

msully1989

P3t30r, what post processing are you doing to those? They look a bit HDR?

Some nice shots, but I'd tone down the post processing a bit. Maybe just adjusting the blacks and contrast a bit.

p3t3or

Thanks for the critique. When you only have a couple of really good shots it is easy to overwork not so good ones to try and make them better.

4.jpg