Help with Mount Adaptor Setting for Values 1 to 4

David Eagle

Hi folks, I use the Mount Adaptor settings (Shooting Settings>Mount Adaptor) to set the Focal Length metadata for manual lenses.

This allows me to use Lightroom Library filters to pick out the shots taken with that lens.

On the XT2 (and XT3) settings 1 to 4 are reserved and only 5 and 6 can be amended.

As my manual lens collection grows, I need to have settings for more than the 2 lenses.

Is there anyway to open up 1 to 4 to allow settings?

• 3 weeks later...
Photo Shooter

On my X-T3 (firmware 3.10) all 6 settings can be adjusted I have the first 5 set to 5 lens lengths I own for manual lenses and the 6th is I think still the default 75mm but can be adjusted.

My settings start with 10mm in position 1 and go to 135mm in position 5.

Hi, thanks for this, the problem is with my XT2, the menu is slightly different. Thos that are adjustable have a Spanner icon next to them and currently only two can be changed. My XT3 is as yours, so one option might be an upgrade. Not sure my wife would understand the reason though.....

Photo Shooter

I just looked at my X-T1 and I can see that that is the same. 1-4 are fixed and 5 and 6 are adjustable. Can't say I had noticed before but I have not used the X-T1 for nearly 18 months I guess. I always have good intentions to set the lens length but usually forget anyway.