FinePixCamera

Turn on X10 and get "Focus Error"

Not to add fuel to the fire but...

I never had that issue with the X10 but it has happened with my X20. In fact it gave me that error on the very first power up of the camera when I got it a couple of months ago. I took out the battery, replaced and it was fine. It happened on more time a couple weeks later but went away with the same procedure. 1500+ shots later and it has been fine. In hindsight, I probably should have exchanged the unit immediately but having been in technology (CE specific) world for over a decade, I know electronics can be quirky especially the more niche and high-end items. I suppose if it happens again, I'll video document it and send it in to Edison...tho I'll probably call my local camera shop first and see if they'll swap it for me.

Experienced the "focus error" message recently. Per the manual's instructions, I contacted the U.S. Fuji service center via phone/email, sent the camera in, and today, less than 10 days later, I received it with a new lens assembly.

I was very pleased with the professionalism and promptness of their service.

I have continually had the same problem, today i couldn't sort it out so found this thread and did the same as previous post - changed the memory card and it fixed it!

I have the same problem. I bought the camera via Amazon (Warehouse deals) and the camera just doesn’t work and gives always the error massage "Fokusfehler" (focus error) no matter if I start in MF/AF … when I understood the forum information correctly the lens is broken and I have to send it back to Amazon. Or is there any other solution?

I have no memory card inside which could be changed …

I also tried to fix it by removing the battery, the problem stays …

If you have no memory card inside it could be a case of the camera internal memory being full. The internal memory is very small and will only hold a couple of images and Fujis message translations into languages other than English are sometimes a little strange.

You do get a warning message on start up if the internal memory is full and there is no card fitted.

Maybe set the camera to English and see what the message reads.

I've always had a bit of trouble with focus on my X10, but now it comes up with "FOCUS ERROR" every time. I tried the other suggestions from this list, then I tried resetting. Resetting made the camera completely unusable even in manual focus. It's out of warranty. Cost me $600 and is a thing of beauty. I love the package, but operationally it has been a disappointing experience. Sounds like your mileage may vary with this camera. I can't afford another.

Have the same issue with X30. Fuji is really good in keeping their traditions :) . I'm on vacation on a Greek island now, so this is really not cool, but thanks god I have Canon film camera (extremely reliable) and smartphone with me. Besides, I've dissapointed in X30 mouths before because of colors and general quality of photos.

I'll try to keep camera without battery for a 24 hours. It helped once before when I had some other error message. Other methods in this topic don't work for me.

Just a reply to on old topic, but it might help to try this:

Take out the battery when the camera is on. Put it in again when camera lens is open (turned on) Close the lid and twist the camera off-on. I got the message that no memory card was in. Turned off, put card in and turned it on again

No focus error anymore

(I did this a few minutes ago, just after returning from our holiday in France where I had to buy a new camera. (small cheap sony 100EUR, quality not nearly as good as the fuji) I had the focus error a few times in the past, disapearing after a few tries, but the first time I wanted to use the camera on our trip, it died on me. 100 times focus error. So I went to the nearest supermarket and bought me another one.)