Sign in to follow this  
Davco

XF100-400 - dust-like marks on video footage

Davco
have an issue with a Fujinon XF100-400 and I'm curious to know if anyone has come across this before:

I've had the lens for six months and been delighted with it; amazing results hand-held. However, I used the lens to shoot video for the first time at the weekend (I'm a stills man really). When playing back the footage, taken intermittently during the day, in-between taking stills, there are dust-like marks on every piece of video, making it pretty much unusable. No such problems with stills.

Today, I tried again by shooting a plain blue sky and on this occasion I could see these marks through the viewfinder without pressing record (I didn't notice them before), yet switching back to stills there were no marks to be seen.

This applies if I have the X1.4 teleconverter attached or not.

Any suggestions? Am I just being stupid here? I looked on YouTube to see if I could find any information without success and I've raised the issue on the official Fuji forum with no replies so far.

Many thanks.

Ian

Photo Shooter

Is there an official Fuji forum? I have not seen that can you please share a link. Thankyou.