Fuji X10 real-world review

giannigalassi

• 6 months later...

I'd like to know your opinion about my real-world review of the Fuji X100 I just posted in my blog.

It can be found here.

Who paid you to write it? Thousands of fantastic photos and many positive reviews makes your review look a little bias....... Here's an honest fair unbiased review: http://www.fujixseries.com/discussion/1196/my-user-review-of-fujifilm-x10#Item_10

Personally, I think yours it's nearly as worthless as your buddy who talked you into posting it!

cosinaphile

gianni you seem to hate the x 10 as much as you live the x 100, at least i know you dont

work for fuji

thanks for the reviews

will, that kind of harsh , no?

thanks for the reviews

will, that kind of harsh , no?

My response is within the tenor of the review! Quote: " Did I keep my X10? Of course not. I gave it back to my pusher a week later, and traded it for a Canon G10. Which unsurprisingly is proving itself as a serious photographic tool."

I know a person who posted a positive review with many photographs to support their review and that individual was attacked! Why? I criticize an obvious bias review and I being "harsh".

Far too many outstanding photos are posted on Flickr and there are many positive reviews indicating this reviewer is bias - for whatever reason!

cosinaphile

some will love and some will hate will im being gentle here , the guy hated it... so what.. i love i

and consider him misguided...and many folks love thre x10

his opinion of the x 1oo OTOH is spot on

some will love and some will hate will im being gentle here , the guy hated it... so what.. i love i

and consider him misguided...and many folks love thre x10

his opinion of the x 1oo OTOH is spot on

Your right! I'm so tired of the X10 camera bashing! It's a piece of yuppie, baby boomer, junk! A door stop! A paper weight! Only worth it's recycle value! I get that!

When does bashing stop and the picture taking begin?

This forum is for the "ENJOYMENT" of "X" series cameras!

This guys review would play well at DPR FTF!

Ive been using my girlfriends X10 along side my X100 and I have to honestly say that over all, as an 'everyman' camera, the X10 is MUCH better than the X100.

The zoom is my main reason for this, but also its so easy to use, so small and discrete and beautiful. Its a great camera. Anyone using it the same way as normal people do and not pixel peeping, spec trawling camera geeks who join forums to discuss the minutae of orbs and SAB would realise this.

That said, would I swap my X100 for an X10? Of course not, but then I'm not an average user.

Kinda funny one of the main line X10 camera critics, who's written extensively about the ills of the camera, has decided that the camera doesn't generate "orbs" if the ISO in higher and the shutter speeds are reduced. Amazing! Naturally, he complained about the "noise", they always do, but he conceded that even the noise was passable.

I don't see that bit of information being splashed around here by Ratty and the gang!

Why do all these X10 critics prowl the streets of some large city at night? Don't they like day light?

My brother's got a X100 but I'm thinking of getting a X10 for a travel camera. How do people find the size for travelling - does it fit in pockets or do you need to carry a separate bag?

FinePixCamera

My brother's got a X100 but I'm thinking of getting a X10 for a travel camera. How do people find the size for travelling - does it fit in pockets or do you need to carry a separate bag?

My X100 is my main travel camera. I have the Fujifilm case for it and it travels very very easily. I also just got an X10, which is a tiny bit smaller. I am shooting it quite a lot these past few weeks but would never take this as my only travel camera due to the orb issue. I find many of my outdoor shots encounter this problem and when traveling I often go to places that I will never return to so need 100% reliability.

• 4 months later...

i have the x10 for about 7 months now. it is in NJ for new sensor. been a pro for 30 years, commercial work, a lot of editorial and advertising. i love the x10. i finally have a carry around digital that i am happy with image quality. not since my leica CL and contax T2 have i been satisfied. just traveled for a national publication to photograph in central america with the x10. i wanted to know if this would really work for me as a travel camera and not be upset with results. i came back impressed, the camera has limitations, as do they all. but if you know how to use it, it shines. so easy to travel with. i use an eye fi card and send the raw files to my android phone for later review as well as redundant storage. also strapped a hoodman 3 to it as a rear viewfinder so it is like dslr type shooting. i always look at the image i can create rather than the pixel scrutiny. i have blown up to 16x20's on epson exhibition fiber and it is gorgeous. yes, it is best in raw, at 100 iso. and that's how i shoot. a tripod is my best friend.

i have never had a client say my image would be better with 2 more mega pixels. the lens is excellent. it is still the image that matters most, and the x10 allows me to create great images.

it is fun to use which frees me up to be more creative. a camera is just another tool in the box,

and this is a good hammer. stay focused on the image, not the tool. yes, it has to reach a certain level of IQ, and this does. now go out and shoot.

• 5 weeks later...
seeingwhatis

Thanks for providing your point of view. This site is filled with user's who seem to dislike the x-10's. I have never had a perfect camera- The x-10 is a unique bird with many great features and great overall image quality. I have to shoot for orbs to find orbs. Perhaps that's a shooting style, but bottom line if you don't like take it back. Stop whining and take some pictures that do work within the parameters of the camera. Have some fun..

Archived