Sign in to follow this  
FinePixCamera

How do you use the X10 viewfinder?

stockae92

I tend to use the OVF in very bright light, but also sometimes just for the hell of it - it feels right putting a camera up to your eye - it's what I've always done...

no kidding

its funny to see me trying to put a camera without OVF up to my eye, and then realize it doesn't work that way ... LOL

drd1135

I use the OVF in bright light, but otherwise I've become a "chimper" :(|)

richheath

its funny to see me trying to put a camera without OVF up to my eye, and then realize it doesn't work that way ... LOL

Ah yes! I've done that so many times with my E-P1 - the thing is, it looks like a camera that *should* have an OVF, so in my mind it does. Sadly when you raise it your eye you just get a very out of focus back of the hotshoe!

RogerRabbit

I use the OVF in bright light, but otherwise I've become a "chimper"

:(

|)

Chimp is when you look at picture on LCD after photo is taken not when you use LCD to take picture.

drd1135

I use the OVF in bright light, but otherwise I've become a "chimper"

:(

|)

Chimp is when you look at picture on LCD after photo is taken not when you use LCD to take picture.

I'm trying to expand the meaning, so I'm making the "ooh, ooh" sounds when I take the picture.

Dennis

Using the OVF forces a couple of good habits on you; you get to hold the camera correctly and stable (and not like any other smartphone). And disabling review (and the LCD), you will stop being a "chimper" - you can review shots when you get home and instead be focused while shooting.

I try to stick to the OVF (AF and P or automatic mode do a very good job), but in certain situation, like macro or special exposure or composition setups, the LCD liveview comes in very practical of course. Would have been great with shutter time, aperture and focus indicator in the OVF.

exakta

Another old film guy, I use the OVF all the time. That and the fast lens is why I bought it in the first place.

I keep the display off to save battery life. I have yet to use any of the modes that require the display.

Ultrax

I try to use the viewfinder as mush as possible to conserve battery power.