Best Fuji Point-and-Shoot with EXR?

YosemiteJack

YosemiteJack

My aging X10 finally succumbed to the lens lock design flaw (right after I bought new accessories!) so I'm looking for another P&S from Fuji that has similar EXR capabilities and image quality.

I really loved the X10 and thought about buying an X20 or X30 as a replacement but since the design flaw with the lens is systemic I fear I would just end up dealing with the same problem with any new camera in the series.

Are there any newer P&S cameras from Fuji that offer similar image quality and are perhaps a but more rugged? I'm a big fan of the film simulation and EXR modes and would love to find something I can use as a new everyday carry.

YosemiteJack
5 hours ago, Photo Shooter said:

EXR died with the X10 series as far as I know.

Was it replaced by anything similar? I have not been following the news about advancements in Fuji's technology for a few years.

Does Fuji still make any prosumer P&S cameras with zoom lenses? The closest thing I see to the X10/X20/X30 in the Fuji lineup now is the X100 but all the variants on that design have fixed lenses.

To add to that, I would like something I can use mostly for vacation action shots of my family but also occasionally portraits. So while th X100 would work wonderful for an everyday vacation camera the lens is just too short for portrait photography.