Sign in to follow this  
ch4n

Finally got a chance to play around with my x100

ch4n

I was super super lucky to be able to get my hands on the last x100 from Ritz Camera. And finally a few days later, I was able to take it out for a test ride. I must say that I'm quite impressed with the quality of the pictures. This camera sure packs a lot of punches despite its size.

I'm still learning the optimum settings which match my shooting style. But here are some samples.

Mocca-1-L.jpg

DSCF3174-1-L.jpg

DSCF3221-1-L.jpg

ch4n

hi Christopher. I shoot Nikon D700. I think image quality of the x100 is almost on par with the D700. Amazing camera.

It's truly amazing to see the cameras that the X100 has 'replaced' in every day use. I would shoot urban environmental photographs with my Canon 60D DSLR that I'd walk miles around town with by my side, but I found the Fuji X100 to at least meet, if not beat, my Canon 60D's image quality performance. The images are sharper and have better color than my 60D with Sigma 30mm f/1.4 lens.

My Canon 60D might provide me some higher resolution images that I can more easily crop down if needed, but the Fujifilm X100 is worth every possible trade-off with its beautifully colored sharp images. In the end my Fuji X100 is always conveniently by my side, while my Canon DSLR would often stay at home.