X100V Charging Questions: Ambiguous instructions?

I just bought an X100V and  want to charge it.  As Fuji did not include a charger with their expensive camera (!), I ordered one off Amazon.

Until it gets here, I know I have the option of charging it via a computer USB cable, but the instructions are unclear.

The instructions say you cannot charge an X100V  from a USB hub (WHY?) and also this:

USB charging is available with computers with a manufacturer-approved operating system and USB interface.

What is a "manufacturer approved operating system?"  I would call and ask Fuji these questions, but I couldn't find a phone contact number.

Any ideas what these instructions ( computers with a manufacturer-approved operating system and USB interface) refer to?  Any idea why you cannot use a USB Hub?

I would be charging it from a 4 year old Imac.

Thanks for your help.

• 1 month later...
On 4/29/2021 at 9:39 AM, Timacn said:

I just bought an X100V and  want to charge it.  As Fuji did not include a charger with their expensive camera (!), I ordered one off Amazon.

Until it gets here, I know I have the option of charging it via a computer USB cable, but the instructions are unclear.

The instructions say you cannot charge an X100V  from a USB hub (WHY?) and also this:

USB charging is available with computers with a manufacturer-approved operating system and USB interface.

What is a "manufacturer approved operating system?"  I would call and ask Fuji these questions, but I couldn't find a phone contact number.

Any ideas what these instructions ( computers with a manufacturer-approved operating system and USB interface) refer to?  Any idea why you cannot use a USB Hub?

I would be charging it from a 4 year old Imac.

Thanks for your help.

It is not recommended to charge a camera from a USB hub, because the power draw may exceed what the USB hub is able to deliver, particularly if there are additional devices plugged into the hub and also drawing power.

Your X100V will charge just fine plugged into an iMac, just be sure to plug it directly into the computer's USB port, rather than a USB hub. Don't worry about the 'manufacturer-approved operating system' requirement.