Camera straps - What do you use?

Christopher

cool suggestions for straps on here...

I've been using a Up-Strap RF. Also used the Up-Strap RF with a Leica M3...great non-slip strap.

I've also heard the leather strap that comes with the leather case is pretty nice.

Welcome to the community @Documentally, it's great to have you with us! I'm a big fan of your work :)

I don't think you can go wrong with the Gordy Strap, good choice.

I just got my Artisan and Artist cloth strap for my X100 and I love it. It's wide, comfortable and best of all, adjustable in length! The one downside is the cost =( Then again the X100 wasn't cheap to begin with.

I got mine from Leica Boutique in Montreal since Popflash never has these in stock nor does PhotoVillage in NYC. I got the red because I plan on getting a red Tom Abrahamsson MiniSoftie this week. He's nice and close by so I'll just head on over to meet him for coffee and get a couple--maybe one red and one chrome or black!

Fujifilm Finepix X100 + Artisan and Artist Strap = Love

That really is a great looking strap, a great match for the X100! Terrific photo too!

I've been tempted to get one myself, though I'm waiting to decide on a half-case first.

I just purchased a black cloth Artisan and Artist strap from photo village in NYC. It's branded under Voigtlander, but it's definitely the A&A quality you'd expect. A beautiful neck strap that is a thousand time more comfortable than the stock X100 strap. It's not adjustable which cuts down on bulk and it's shorter than the fuji which I like a lot more. It seems to sit perfectly on my chest. Not too high...not to low and bouncy.

Spent the morning shooting in the heat with the Fuji strap and the afternoon with the A&A strap...no comparison.

Welcome to the community @skunkeing! A&A's straps are really nice, I'm surprised there aren't more cotton webbing camera straps on the market. The Voigtlander strap is a definite classic!

Question about the Tom Abrahamsson soft release.. is it loose for you guys? Because I lost mines a day after I got it.. I was super bummed out..

I'm always careful to check that mine is secure, I've heard lots of stories of them coming loose. Some people use Teflon tape on the threads or even glue them into place.

I just got the Gordy strap. I like the quality and looks, but does anyone find it uncomfortable? I feel like it's too thick and it gets in way, it affects my grip. I have the strap between my index and middle finger for best feel.

Am I the only that finds that the neck strap allows you to comfortably and most important inconspicuously to shoot from the hip? (well more from the chest, but you get gist)

I find that comes in handy when I really don't want to interfere my subjects

Welome @SamO! I feel like a neck strap is inconspicuous compared to holding your hand out and using a wrist strap, but I find it to be far more difficult to frame shots.

I'm currently using a Gordy one, but I found that the CAM-IN straps also worth checking and I've bought one of these: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=6699331785

205.jpg

They sell leather straps in all different flavors in here: http://cam-in.taobao.com/?search=y&scid=181271199&scname=Q0FNLWluINXmxqSxs7T4&checkedRange=true&queryType=cat (which is unfortunately not in English)

I just got the Gordy strap. I like the quality and looks, but does anyone find it uncomfortable? I feel like it's too thick and it gets in way, it affects my grip. I have the strap between my index and middle finger for best feel.

I've been reading up on this forum for a few days now and today I finally got my X100. I went to check it out at my local seller and I find it too thick and uncomfortable as well though I really like how it looks.. but too bad I don't think I'll like how my wrist will look after hours of usage. To each it's own though.

• 4 weeks later...