Camera straps - What do you use?

Christopher

Any one with the Gordy strap, how long was your turnaround time in receiving it?

Ordered mine on 07/29.

Received an e-mail that it was shipped on 08/06.

Edit: Arrived 08/08.

Hi, everyone. I'm new to the forum and loving my X100. I have ordered a Gordy neckstrap. I had an email from Gordy saying it was in the post about 2 days ago. I'm in the UK. Does anyone from the UK know whether it will come by regular post or Parcel Force or by any other carrier?

I just received my CSLR glide strap in the mail the other day and love it. It attaches to the tripod mount on any camera. Very comfortable walking around with my D3100 for hours.

I'm pretty happy with the adjustment mechanism. I was thinking of getting the fixed length, but I like knowing that I can adjust it whenever I want. It's super comfortable on the neck. I'll need to try it as a wrist strap. I highly recommend it!

• 2 weeks later...

I make a handloop out of the $8 OP/TECH USA 1301012 System Connectors (Uni Adaptor Loop).

The set consists of two end connectors that connect to the camera lugs via some cord and two pieces of webbing strap that interlock.

31OItDo7mjL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Fit the two end connectors with the cord to the camera lugs and then use one the two webbing straps to go between them to form a hand loop.

41je0g6oOWL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

IMHO gives a good grip way to carry the camera with two points of contact compared to a wrist strap. Easier to gentle place and pick up the cameras from a flast surface, etc. As ever, you just have to make sure that the strap is clear of the lens whilst shooting.

Carmat, err sorry Tamrac have a similar solution in their N-15 product which I have on another camera. I prefer the op/tech for no other reason that the method of affixing the end connectors to the camera are not prone to slippage, which could mean a dropped camera. A few discrete stitches helps resolve that potential issue.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4jkFatPivj35vTGvpNUC

Does anyone from the UK know whether it will come by regular post or Parcel Force or by any other carrier?

It usually takes the US Postal 'Service' about 4 weeks. I believe they still use packet steamers :-). From Korea or China it's about a week. I waited 4 weeks after Gordy told me it was on it's way and I pick it up at customs on Monday. I'm in Germany, but the delays are on the US side.

I salvaged the tripod mount connector and strap loop connector from a BlackRapid R4 that I use with a heavier camera, and had a local shop stitch on to the middle of a 1 inch slider a length of 1 inch tubular webbing - the sort that climbers use. The other end is flexible with another 1 inch slider. Cost of webbing: $2. Labour: $2.

The entire sling folds up to next to nothing and is comfortable to wear all day - I've done just that for three weeks solid. I could have bought a Luma product but had all the parts on hand and was leaving for a trip. BlackRapid has the metal hardware I scrounged for 12 and 14 dollars respectively.

Just got my Gordy ... ordered 8/25. I selected a fixed length neck strap ..... it keeps my X100 just where I want it. Workmanship is great. It's ready for a field trail next week.

Al

Any one with the Gordy strap, how long was your turnaround time in receiving it?

Just received mine..9 days from ordering to delivery to England.I ordered direct as the uk dealer never replied to 2 of my emails