Fujifilm X100 Firmware 1.21 Update Now Available

Christopher

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@mattmaber: thanks, it may well be the right one. Am downloading now to try.

Meanwhile, a few other gremlins: the conservative DOF scale introduced in 1.20 is still there. And the programmable RAW / ISO buttons took a step back as they don’t let you have Auto ISO as an option anymore.

@mattmaber: interesting, the file you gave a link to is only 10.1MB whereas the new ver. 1.21 is reported as 32.3MB! Would love to know what else Fuji had stuffed in the latest version.

Shocking that they took out so many good things as part of the latest "remedy"

What have they taken out?

1.21 has all the enhancements of 1.20 and they have fixed the issues so now it is excellent.

You should try installing it again from a fresh copy of 1.21, if all goes well you won't be disappointed.

@anais: I had a flawless install of 1.21 and it is certainly an improvement over 1.20, this is confirmed by the countless positive posts on this and other forums. This leads me to suspect that there was a problem with your initial install of 1.21. I would suggest deleting any copies you have of 1.21 on your computer and download it again. The improvements in 1.21 are worth at least another try. Sorry to be persistent but 1.21 is the best firmware to date.

Thank you @Greyelm for persevering. I've downloaded another copy of 1.21 and updated my camera. It actually now works normally! Not sure what was wrong with the first install as the file sizes are identical.

Still one useful thing taken away since 1.20: the Fn button no longer allows me to manage Auto ISO if I programme it to ISO settings. That saved a lot of delving into the medium while shooting.

Also, the DOF indicator still seems as conservative as it was in 1.20

My update to 1.21 works flawlessly. Focusing is noticeably better in MF using AFL button especially in low light. I did not notice any focus hunting. I focused on a black object in low light and it focused spot on. It seems to me that even exposure and DR in low light with high contrast areas are better in my unscientific test.

The second install of 1.21 seems fine, but I am still experimenting with the exposure as it seems inclined to overexpose more than before. If you set Auto ISO it is now very keen to race up the scales.

HELP Please.

I just bought a second hand X100 near mint but with the 1.01 Firmware.

I have done all the process to upgrade it but without succes. The screen remain with the texte INSTALLING NEW bla bla bla.

I have copied the .DAT file in a SD card formated by the camera and the battery was fully loaded.

THANK YOU (PS sorry for my english)

hey guys, new to the site, also a proud new owner of a X100 after much debate between this and a canon 60D. anyways, I have a noob question regarding the firmware updates....since I am sure the new x100 camera I have has the old and first firmware already on it, does that mean I have to update every firmware version that came out after that in order before I install 1.21.........or can I just update my camera with this "1.21" version without downloading the older versions?

Archived