Simon_W

DigitalRev - good supplier ?

Wondering if any of you have bought from the UK online supplier DigitalRev - they seem to have the best deals on at the moment for the X-Pro 1 with a 3 lens kit incl case coming un a whisker under £3k - some £300 less that most other suppliers.

All experiences gratefully received - good or bad!

Thanks - Simon

I'm actually extremely surprised with their service. Bought the XP1 and the 35mm lens, got it in germany after 5 days, with extra goodies like a screen protector, some lens cloth, everything well packed. They took care of the customs, and I had someone to talk to when I had questions.

Didn't try the after sale service though (and I hope I wont ^^) but so far so good!

Totally legit. Bought my XP1/35 from the and the the elusive 60mm.

Fast approval but slow warehouse fulfillment (relatively speaking 2-3 days) super fast delivery. The warehouse time was only dissappointing because of the speed on the other two ends.

Good communication. Fair, but higher than retail prices on this hot camera.

Will definitely consider them again should the need arise.

Regards,

Alex

1 question. Does customs handling to europe work as promised by digital rev? or do incur additional costs ? this was the main reason for me not yet ordering there..

I won a tripod from them 3 weeks ago. I still haven't seen it, but I have no idea how long it takes for regular mail to reach the States from Hong Kong.

An early poster, maybe the OP, talks of DigitalRev, as a UK company. It's not, it's based in Hong Kong, I believe.

I'm just thinking about the X100F. None of the UK retailers have it in stock, and when it is (not sure if it has been) is over 12 hundred pounds.

Meanwhile, I can buy it from DigitalRev for two hundred pounds less than I would have to pay to pre-order it from Amazon, or other retailer.

That's too good to be true. Is it straight?, or are you relying on the unlikeliness of HMRC  opening a small package like that.

I'd like to know if any of you have made purchases from DigitalRev, and are they ok? Cheers, J :-)

Digital Rev are a very good, very ethical, very reliable supplier. They have been around for years. The only issue I have with them is that they tend to be rather expensive compared to other HK based suppliers.

You could always hop on the cheapest flight you can to Melbourne and pick up a X100F ex stock from a store for 939 pounds (todays exchange rate) after you get the GST back when you leave the country an hour later. :)

• Like 2

I've bought cameras, lenses and speedlights from Digital Rev and the only problem I had was with the delivery company at this end who delivered my camera to a wrong address 3 streets away - as it happened there was no-one to sign at that address so they took it next door to a neighbour who by sheer luck and coincidence not only happens to be a friend of mine but who also shares my surname - otherwise I would not have got my camera.

If your package (very rare) gets stopped by customs and has extra tax applied Digi rev will pay it. You won't have a makers warranty but Digirev retain a number of repairers in various countries to do any work necessary or if the unit is not repairable they will replace it. Because they have a good reputation and supply a good service they have to charge a little more than some less trustworthy HK companies. It will take a couple of weeks at least to arrive.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, johnwillyums said:

An early poster, maybe the OP, talks of DigitalRev, as a UK company. It's not, it's based in Hong Kong, I believe.

I'm just thinking about the X100F. None of the UK retailers have it in stock, and when it is (not sure if it has been) is over 12 hundred pounds.

Meanwhile, I can buy it from DigitalRev for two hundred pounds less than I would have to pay to pre-order it from Amazon, or other retailer.

That's too good to be true. Is it straight?, or are you relying on the unlikeliness of HMRC  opening a small package like that.

I'd like to know if any of you have made purchases from DigitalRev, and are they ok? Cheers, J :-)

I have used Digitalrev on numerous occasions and always had excellent service from them.

On their website, they state in terms and conditions that all duty is paid by the seller (Digitalrev) and the price you pay on checkout has everything included.

They have very speedy postage which is traceable, and will even post to a work address.

On one occasion, the courier notified me that they had my parcel but required import duty to be paid prior to delivery. When I called them, I simply explained that the company (Digitalrev) paid the import duty prior to posting, they delivered to me the following day. They even apologised for the mistake.

I would not hesitate to use them again in the future, in fact I am doing within the next couple of days.

• Like 1

On ‎27‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 6:46 AM, johnwillyums said:

IIRC they have/ used to have a UK Warehouse to handle some imports.

Almost 10 years ago I visited their old store in Star House , Hong Kong so they've been around a while now.

I trust them

• Like 1

Anyone have experience of returns with Digital Rev? That's when buying from overseas gets annoying.

One of the fleabay retailers that 'ships from UK' has its returns department in France... it was a pain in the neck when I had to return something.

On 4/7/2012 at 9:42 PM, cosinaphile said:

they have the lowest price for the panny gx1 on the planet at the moment , but high on some thongs

Shoot I didnt notice that they started carrying thongs! I will have to check that out lol.

They are a trusty worthy and all around good company to do business with. But buyer beware that sometimes when buying cameras and gear overseas it can mess with your warrenties so look into it carefully before hand. That is why I prefer shopping within my country, state and city if possible. But I have purchasedfrom DigitalRev in the past with no issues. 

• Haha 1