Sign in to follow this  
Davoe

Film simulation bracketing wish

Davoe

I would love to be able to configure which three film types the bracketing includes, but I don't think you can.

FinePixCamera

I would love to be able to configure which three film types the bracketing includes, but I don't think you can.

Nope, you cant.

flysurfer

This feature is currently reserved for the XP1, which offers 5 different color film simulations.

nptremain

It would be awesome if you could bracket with B&W as well.

FinePixCamera

Easily implemented if Fujifilm has the vision.

flysurfer

Easily implemented if Fujifilm has the vision.

Already implemented in the XP1.

gybmot

I have an X100...What is the sequence now? Once downloaded and next to other photos there is no metadata distinguishing each shot…what am I missing? The B & W version would be great...

Ultrax

Isn't the film simulation just a gimmick? If you shoot in RAW all you need to do is adjust the saturation up for velvia and lower for astia. That is what I am assuming, at least.

bashar

Yeah it's a gimmick for sure. Totally agree! Keep shooting that raw bro...

JohnT

It is not a gimmick for those who need to shoot JPEG for speed and workflow considerations.

pominpocket

Another advantage of X100s . I bracket Vivid Velvia , black and white and Sepia.

I hit the shutter 3 pictures appear in the play back window instantly.

mattmaber

I think basher had a healthy dose of sarcasm.

I only shoot jpeg, even my film is jpeg! :P

Petrus

I only shoot jpeg, even my film is jpeg! :P

Ha! my rifles are also chambered for JPEG, Max quality.

pominpocket

Raw is like a film negative.

You have total control. Its has nothing to do with Fuji or the expensive software you buy to install on your expensive computer. Its like being in a modern day dark room and it is pure and decent. Nobody can call them selves a serious photographer and shoot J Pegs.

Really in a way it separates the men from the boys. To this day nobody has ever taken a good j peg using a Fuji camera. That clean shaven guy is so right to wear that amazing T shirt. Where can I get a T shirt and a hair cut like his ?

mattmaber

Totally, ALL my photos are absolute crap because I use JPEG, can't disagree.

I really should shoot 6 bracket RAWs and HDR that shizzle for the real good shit.

RAW proves you're a pro and JPEGs are for amateurs, using popup flash on a DSLR

K1W1_Mk2

Totally, ALL my photos are absolute crap because I use JPEG, can't disagree.

I have thought that for a while actually. I'm glad you have finally worked it out. :D:D

I particularly think that some of those film JPEGs from the Leica look pretty ordinary.

mattmaber

True, the only Leica photo's worth the bandwidth are those taken in RAW.

In fact everyone should post Raw photos online, not those silly petty trinkets of JPEGs from the totally awesome and pro RAW files. That'd sort the pro men from the incompetent boys.

K1W1_Mk2

Matt I think you are right. I have decided that I want to be a pro from now on so I'm only going to shoot RAW (meat)

20140604-DSCF3316

RichardCFrost

Personally, I am more interested in Camera bracketing. I am building a mechanical frame to hold all my cameras, which I can then use to take a single shote with each of three cameras - my iPhone, my XQ1 and my GX7. I will then write an app to combine all three images into a single frame and take the best bits of each. I may even incorporate some three D processing since the lenses will be spatially displaced from each other at the time of the shot. Might add a Lytro simulation option too. Finally, the combined image will have Instagram filters applied automatically, will then be screen grabbed back from Instagram on my iPhone and upscaled to a lossless TIFF and loaded onto 500px.

What could possibly go wrong?

K1W1_Mk2

What could possibly go wrong?

"How do I love thee, let me count the ways" - Elizabeth Barrett Browning.

pominpocket

There is an guy who runs a photo magazine on line and he saw some of my black and white shots. He asked what presets and what PP I used. He actually has a side line in presets

I took the photos in film simulation mode in black and white with a filter and of course they were J pegs. Then I put them on my computer and opened them in outlook Photo manager then I changed the contrast and brightness.

But normally with a Fuji J peg I have no need to change anything.

And I can make as many J pegs of one shot as I like.