Sign in to follow this  
Davoe

Film simulation bracketing wish

mattmaber

Matt I think you are right. I have decided that I want to be a pro from now on so I'm only going to shoot RAW (meat)

20140604-DSCF3316

MMmmmm! super tasty!

mattmaber

Personally, I am more interested in Camera bracketing. I am building a mechanical frame to hold all my cameras, which I can then use to take a single shote with each of three cameras - my iPhone, my XQ1 and my GX7. I will then write an app to combine all three images into a single frame and take the best bits of each. I may even incorporate some three D processing since the lenses will be spatially displaced from each other at the time of the shot. Might add a Lytro simulation option too. Finally, the combined image will have Instagram filters applied automatically, will then be screen grabbed back from Instagram on my iPhone and upscaled to a lossless TIFF and loaded onto 500px.

What could possibly go wrong?

kickstarter that shit!

mattmaber

@RichardCFrost can you build a bracket for my 9 cameras?

all-our-cameras.jpg

jimmyfromdorset

Correct me if I am wrong but does not the X20 bracket 3 film simulations of your choice?

Tazzers

"Isn't the film simulation just a gimmick? If you shoot in RAW all you need to do is adjust the saturation up for velvia and lower for astia. That is what I am assuming, at least."

Oh dear. Light the blue touch paper and stand well back.

Cheers.

Phil.

pominpocket

"Isn't the film simulation just a gimmick? If you shoot in RAW all you need to do is adjust the saturation up for velvia and lower for astia. That is what I am assuming, at least."

Oh dear. Light the blue touch paper and stand well back.

Cheers.

Phil.

Good question. Are windscreen wipers on a car just a gimmick? When the manual approach would be to just get out of the car every 2 minutes and wipe the windscreen with a rag?

Why have any form of bracketing? Why even bother with film simulation modes?

The camera really is just a gimmick sorry I mean tool.

Don't be fooled by the marketing guys.