Sign in to follow this  
WilzWorkz7

Wilz x100 has done transforming...it is time to roll out!

cosinaphile

thats nice pimping .

i got the hood and adapter from rainbow imaging, and also a slim uv filter , in the end i took an old filter smashed out the glass ground off the black paint

and polished the aluminum till it shone using fine grits of wet or dry sandpaper and water

and finishing with a dry polish with 0000 steel wool, rinsed well and dried it provides a small spacer necessary to reverse mount the uv filter the cosmetic ring mounts on the filter for a clean finish

WilzWorkz7

Although I appreciate the fact that some would want to make it through the DIY method, I still feel that the knock off does more in terms of practicality and optics accuracy. I am of the opinion, after a discussion with a camera technician, that certain accessories is designed for the specific purpose of the lens being in use. Hence it is always better to get the original, or at the very least, the knock off.

The rainbow lacks in the bayonet department. I would usually like the bayonet and i can easily take it off and put in the CPL for landscape use.

One person's meat is another's poison I suppose.

cosinaphile

the setup i use is like a transparant lens cap , if you will, sometimes when i want the best contrast in difficulrt shooting situiations i simply remove the filter with its polished al spacer , shoot what i wish and put it quickly back

i want the front element of my x 100 to stay pristine, the filter insures that and it comes off in an instant when it needs to, the hood is nice and it does offer some image improvemeny in certain sunny conditions but it also bulks up the front too much imho

WilzWorkz7

Agreed. The key point is to keep it pristine...and the way to do it...basically just keep something in front of it in place all the time, everytime. Not everyone likes it but it works for me.