Sign in to follow this  
WilzWorkz7

ULYSSES & Gariz Case

pcg

artm, your criteria for what is price appropriate is not a criteria anyone else participating in this discussion follows. The real world doesn't work in the manner you demand. Your "point," repeated ad nauseum, is based on a fantasy of your own making. The price of the cases discussed is a bargain. The quality is outstanding. The efficacy of the cases is high. The aesthetics are marvelous. In short, what's not to like? (Yeah, I remember: the cases are not made of neoprene and don't cost $20.)

As someone else recently suggested to you, if you don't like any of the factors that everyone else favors, go play in another thread. You've made your "point," (and it's not constructive).

artm

pcg: I am not the only one who thinks these cases are overpriced - do some reading. Perhaps I've given others the guts to say what I have said, we'll see. I am not in my own fantasy, pcg. I will bet that even you have a price point which you wouldn't exceed for a case. You may not be too bold to say so!

I realize I offended some but so what? I've been called a racist, was I offended? Hardly, as it was an idiotic comment from flawed analysis.

Again, enough already...

p.s. I would buy a Gariz if it were half the price and had a strip of leather above the LCD. It still wouldn't be perfect for me but good enough.

HFM

Okay, we get it..you don't wanna pay the price for these cases. Now get out of the way so the ones willing can do so :)

I understand your point..somewhat. But you're barking at the wrong tree, so to speak. If you have a problem with the prices you have to complain to Fuji and the makers of these cases..not the users who are willing to gladly pay for what they perceive to be worth the cost.

mattmaber

I ignored your point about relative price of the case compared to the object that goes inside it as its irrelevant.

mattmaber

I would buy a Gariz if it were half the price and had a strip of leather above the LCD

I don't like the ones with leather above the LCD.

pcg

I suspect this thread has run out its useful life. And one of our members has burned his bridges without gain. All interesting, but as almost everyone agrees, let's move on.

WilzWorkz7

Yes let's move on. I understand everyone's point of view. The thing about 'value' is subjective.

I started this thread is to let people know there's something out there to consider rather than the poorly valued case that Fujifilm gives us and priced ridiculously at that. With the money saved from Fujifilm, one can get better cases as in the Gariz one or saved some good, hard-earned money by getting the same OEM case straight from the source (China).

The thread here, as in any other threads in this forum, aims to help everyone who loves their cameras, to use them more effectively and more efficiently according to their needs. That's the thing, we do things and buy things according to our own individual and unique needs. This thread is for those who have bought the cases to put in their 2 cents of feedback so that any other people who are thinking of getting it can buy it with better knowledge.

As the new year comes and the middle east and the EURO region is imploding (politically and economically), the last thing we want is the forum to implode too. There's too many good things here to see it go down the drain like DPreview. Let's not make that happen.

I wish everyone here a blessed new year ahead!

cosinaphile

happpy new year all ,i need an x10 case but hope to spend less than 100 dollars

collierportraits

pcg: I'm debating between the Gariz and the Ciesta case. If you had to do it over, which would you buy? I like the look of the leather better on the Ciesta but if the battery door is crazy hard to open...? What's your take now?

WilzWorkz7

in the end, practicality wins. So what if the leather is great but a pain to use when one need to remove it just to get to the battery and SD card?

artm

If you guys are set on a case without access to the camera's bottom cover, just take it to a shoe repair guy and have him cut out a hole in the bottom and stitch it up. Very inexpensive solution to your problem.

pcg

Collier, sorry to be late responding. I've been in NYCity and just back home...

The Ciesta is a fine case, period. But: If I had to do it again, I'd go the extra $20-30 and buy the Gariz. I think (1) it's a stunner, and (2) the bottom access option is ingenious. That said, removing the Ciesta takes all of about 12-15 seconds, hardly a problem. I used Luigi cases on M3s for over a decade which had an identical removal issue. At the time no one thought about it: Now we gripe! To some degree, all pretty funny. (Perspective, perspective, please!)

WilzWorkz7

Of course when we do not have options, then we live with it. Now when there's someone who gives a damn about being practical, and with a metal base at that, then the value proposition goes to Gariz and of course we can gripe as there is someone who shoes it can be done.

I have the korean horesbenru case with the cut out of the bottom and keep thinking, that should be in the design a long time ago. Cheaper than the Gariz without the metal base but has the loop for the Blackrapid.

So I met the objective of getting something that is value for money, already designed the hole at the bottom in mind and is close to what i want, I can't be complaining much. And yes it looks great by the way.

mattmaber

@WilzWorkz7 Yeah I have that one too, very very happy with it.

pcg

Wilz, do you have a link on the horesbenru case? I have their thumb grip, but wasn't aware of the case. Thanks--

pcg

Thanks. Appears it is only available for the X100. Same garish red thread for the black leather. Gariz remains a couple notches above HB on aesthetics. Still, it's nice to see increasing options.

mattmaber

I got the black & red one for my X100 and whilst Id prefer black & black, the red is not offensive

My x100 now with added thumbs up and half case

mattmaber

Yeah I have a Gordys wrist strap (I plan to get a black black one and move this to my D90) and a leather neck strap (not gordys) that is now only attached to the other side, but I usually remove.

pcg

I totted my X10 through MOMA in NYCity yesterday using the Gordy wrist strap. VERY nice accessory!

WilzWorkz7

Thanks. Appears it is only available for the X100. Same garish red thread for the black leather. Gariz remains a couple notches above HB on aesthetics. Still, it's nice to see increasing options.

Do Gariz will definitely be better than HB. So what's left is the decision on whether to pay more for the metal base (which is really classy) or to wait for the HB's x10 equivalent. And when I mean pay more..it is like a hundred dollars more.