g2622

3rd Party X-Pro1 Batteries

Guest [Deleted User]

where are you? I bought 2 for my X10 at Best Buy on sale - total $24.

I have spare Fuji x10 batterys from eBay for less than us$8 each. They look same as Fuji camera battery and they charger in Fuji camera charger and they last the same number of pictures for each charge so I do not care if they only last short time I will just by more when they stop work.

Fuji do not make battery themselves they just buy from China company.

I bought one from ebay, which came from China and was a hair larger than the Fuji battery. I filed down the edges and it fits fine, but it does not last as long as the Fuji and I was getting messages that there was an error and I had to turn the camera off and restart it. That did not make for a lot of confidence in that item. I have now ordered from Amazon US the following: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007NLU8CE/ref=pe_175190_21431760_C1_cs_sce_3p_dp_1 This one alleges a higher capacity than the original battery and it has two very positive ratings. I will post if there are any problems.

I ordered a Power2000 branded one today. Looks like several reputable places sell them as an alternative, so I thought maybe they might be a decent alternative. I happened to buy mine from J&R Music World.

I also bought a Power2000 branded one from Amazon. Seems to last as long as the Fuji one. Be sure to fully charge the batteries. I have heard that when the light indicates charged that it is not fully charged. I charge mine 2 hours more and they last a long time.

I bought few X Pro 1 3rd party batteries from eBay (from HK) and they feel like it's made of cheap plastic and also feels lighter than the original Fuji's batteries. To me, they last about the same or maybe slightly less than Fuji's batteries. I also found them a little large too. They go in the conpartment, but it doesn't come out. You have to lift the lock up and pat/hit the bottom of the camera to pop it out. That's my experience so far with 3rd party batteries for Fuji X Pro 1.

Had a very strange thing happen. I purchased a Power 2000 battery from Amazon which boasts 1500 mah, but which says it is like the Fuji NP W-126. When I put it into the camera and turned the camera on, it freaked out! The camera shut down and I was unable to fire it up and my heart sank. I tried the original battery and nothing. I called Fuji and they said that I could wait 6-8 hours and hope that the camera would reset or if that did not happen, it had to go in for repairs as I probably fried something on the board. While trying to find a replacement camera for a wedding I am doing this weekend, I was put on hold by my favorite camera shop and I tried the factory battery and the camera came back on. WHEW!! Now, I am wondering if I should use this other battery or if the 1500 mah is too much for it...thoughts????

I just received my Power2000 and it is going back to Amazon... not worth it, though I hate to have to spend $70 for a battery!

An update, before there is total panic: 1. On another forum, users have reported NO problems with the Power2000. 2. I fully charged the battery and after an hour it was ready and tried it (with my fingers crossed) in the camera and things WORKED. So, I have NO clue what happened or why. The hiccup could have been momentary and things seem to okay now. By the way, the Fuji tech people told me the 6-8 hours to wait and see if the camera resets, but for me it worked in less than 15 minutes. Of course, had I fried something on the board, well, that would have been a much different story.

I bought extra batteries and a spare charger for the x1 through bestbatt.com

$16 bucks for batteries and the same for a charger.

They seem to work fine.

http://www.bestbatt.com/Fujifilm-NP-W126-Battery-p/bbfujinpw126.htm

http://www.bestbatt.com/Fujifilm-BC-W126-Camera-Battery-Charger-p/bbbcw126.htm

Ok, but when you figure in shipping you're "saving" about $17 when compared to buying an authentic Fuji battery from somewhere like B&H Photo. A $17 savings for a battery that goes in a $1300 camera? For me, that's not worth the risk.

I bought extra batteries and a spare charger for the x1 through bestbatt.com

$16 bucks for batteries and the same for a charger.

They seem to work fine.

http://www.bestbatt.com/Fujifilm-NP-W126-Battery-p/bbfujinpw126.htm

http://www.bestbatt.com/Fujifilm-BC-W126-Camera-Battery-Charger-p/bbbcw126.htm

Ok, but when you figure in shipping you're "saving" about $17 when compared to buying an authentic Fuji battery from somewhere like B&H Photo. A $17 savings for a battery that goes in a $1300 camera? For me, that's not worth the risk.

Yes, that does seem rather pointless.

OK, I'm trying to understand this issue. The camera with one lens costs $2300. What's the point to using a third party battery that is produced with questionable QC? And just might fry the camera circuitry? Just to save $40? What a great idea!

Agreed fiddlergene, to some extent. It's more of a philisophical issue for me- it is a clear example of being ripped off and the urge to respond to that (and save the money for more lenses... :) ). Are Fuji/Nikon/Canon batteries made of metal or some other clear reason to pay the extra money? Apple batteries cost more than 3rd party batteries (for the older models that allowed user changing), but they are made of metal and finished to match the finish of the rest of the computer... a hidden battery is a battery...

I've been using inexpensive 3rd party batteries with my X100 and X10, and I've used them in the past for my other cameras with no trouble. OEM battery prices can vary quite a bit depending on your location, but the savings with 'generic' are usually substantial.

I'm about ready to give up on the batteries I ordered from China, they haven't arrived 5 weeks later. I'm thinking about going with these Power2000 batteries, aside from the hiccup above, people seem to like them well. I found a US seller this time, so they'll arrive quickly. I use this brand of battery with my X100 already.